Thursday 1 October 2015

Review: Meredith Wild's "Hard Limit (Hacker #4)."

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1Wbjeih
Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1Jixhtb

Synopsis:

Blake Landon is a man who has everything-wealth, good looks, and the love of Erica Hathaway. The power couple has been through hell and back, and when life has torn them apart, somehow they have always found their way back to each other, more in love and stronger than ever.

Erica has never been more ready to say I do. On the verge of making the ultimate commitment, she uncovers an unsettling chapter of Blake's history. As she makes peace with her own past and the family who left her behind, she presses Blake to tear down the last walls between them. Determined to know the man he once was, she opens a door to a world beyond her wildest imagination-a world that has her questioning the limits of her own desires.

As danger lurks and dark secrets come to light, will the past destroy their promise of forever? 

Review-Jo 

This book started out a little differently, beginning with a prologue that was written from Blake's POV. I was pleasantly surprised to discover this. I loved reading part of the story from Blake's perspective, and even though it was a small part, I was left feeling excited about what I was reading. I was keen to know more. 

No one could deny that she was my vice. The drug I refused to live without, 
no matter how many times she pushed me away.

In this penultimate part of the series, Erica and Blake were once again faced with no end of problems. I have come to realise that this is the norm for their life together and I doubt that they will ever be free from obstacles. With the majority of the trouble being brought on by either Erica's past or the bad decisions that she has constantly made, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Blake and I wondered why he put up with her. He must have truly loved her because she drove me crazy!! 

"Whatever you're trying to find out about me is right here, 
wishing like hell you would just let us be us. Together, now. Fuck the past, 
and fuck the people we used to be and the people that made us that way." 

As well as the continuing drama from Erica, I also discovered a little more about Blake's not-so-perfect past. This lead to some extremely steamy scenes between Erica and Blake as the couple explored even more of their sexual fantasies together. I suppose the passion that the pair shared was one of the few good things that they had going on between them. When it was just Erica and Blake, everything was perfect. Maybe they just needed to move to a deserted island somewhere. 

My love for him now was a tattoo written on my heart, for all of time.

After the chaos that has played out so far, it was a relieve to end this part of the story in the way that it did. The last few chapters were heavenly compared to what I had previously read and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it was a prelude to a happy ever after in the final book. I am not holding out much hope, though. Lol. 

We couldn't be any closer. We were one. Nothing could tear us apart.

"Hard Limit" was another gripping instalment and gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment