Monday 19 October 2015

Audiobook Review: EL James's "Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy (Fifty Shades #1-3)."

Audible UK:  http://adbl.co/1OypEaj

Synopsis:

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY: When college student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly Ana realizes she wants this man, and Grey admits he wants her, too - but on his own terms. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian's secrets and explores her own desires.

FIFTY SHADES DARKER: Daunted by Christian's dark secrets and singular tastes, Ana has broken off their relationship to start a new career. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life.

FIFTY SHADES FREED: Now, Ana and Christian have it all - love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana's deepest fears into reality. 

Review-Jo 

After a few of my book friends recommended audible to me, I thought that I would give audiobooks a try. So what book should I listen to first? Well, obviously it was going to be my most favourite book ever, it was a no-brainer! "Fifty Shades of Grey" was going to be my first audiobook and I couldn't wait to begin. Like so many millions of others, I first read FSOG back in 2012 and devoured the whole series in three days. I fell crazy in love with Christian and Ana's story and have since re-read the books countless many times. I was excited and also curious to discover if I would enjoy an audiobook just as much. 

I have to say that I was truly impressed by my first audible experience. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the story and found Becca Battoe's voice to be pleasant and easy to listen to. I did find it a little odd that Becca also narrated Christian's voice (I expected a man's voice) however I soon got used to her portraying all of the characters that feature throughout the trilogy. I quickly found myself being swept away in the delicious story and I was once again addicted. My love for FSOG will never end, only getting stronger with each new visit to Christian and Ana's world. I loved listening to their beautiful love story and couldn't help but swoon over my favourite lines and scenes. 

I found myself wanting to listen to this audiobook at every available opportunity, exactly like I was whilst reading the books. I was listening every chance that I had, in the bath tub, during all of the tedious jobs around my home and at night when I could not sleep. Whenever the moment arose, I jumped straight back to Seattle to be with Christian and Ana. I absolutely loved my first audible experience and I'm sure that I will be listening to this audiobook again very soon. Now, I just have to decide what to listen to next as audible is a new found love and I will not be ending my subscription any time soon. 

The "Fifty Shade of Grey Trilogy" Audiobook gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️   from me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had the opportunity to listen to FSOG audible. I have it on audible and listen to it every time I take a road trip. Roadtrip to Orlando, #FSOG. Roadtrip to Savannah #FSOG. Now, I will recommend the Crossfire Series next on audible. I have so many books on audible I don't even listen to my radio in my car. My ipod is always plugged in.

    ReplyDelete