Monday 28 September 2015

Review: Meredith Wild's "Hardline (Hacker #3)."


Synopsis:

Software mogul Blake Landon has met his match in headstrong Erica Hathaway. While his controlling nature and her independent spirit continue to battle, Blake has no intention of letting her out of his life again.

Erica has given Blake her trust and her love, determined that they will conquer any challenges together. But when he demands more and tests the boundaries of her commitment, she is forced to face the dark desires he's kept hidden.

As their bonds grow tighter, their enemies close in. With Erica's start-up in danger, Blake's frustration grows as he tries to protect her from those who would ruin her only to get to him. Can their relationship survive when Blake's enemies cross the line and threaten more than her livelihood? 

Review-Jo 

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Hacker series so far. Each new instalment brings a different twist that in turn has left me more and more bewildered of which characters to trust and what will happen next. I have no idea how poor Erica has not yet suffered a nervous breakdown. Her life is like the biggest rollercoaster imaginable with more ups and downs than I've ever known and with this latest instalment in the series, Erica's strength and resilience continued to be pushed to the absolute limit. 

Erica and Blake's relationship continues with very much of the same as before. I'm sure that by the end of this series, the couple would have faced every test you could think of. As the story progresses, I do feel that Erica is finally learning to trust Blake and is slowly beginning to give him the control that he needs, both in and out of the bedroom. Erica has so far made so many bad decisions, I felt that maybe it would be best if she could share her many problems and listen to his advice. 

"You let everything go, and it feels good, doesn't it? 
To know I'm taking care of you, of us. That no matter what, I'll get us there." 

Finally I could see that Erica and Blake were getting stronger as a couple and I hoped that a happy ending would be in sight, but then something else happened that threw a major spanner in the story, but for the first time ever it was Blake that I was concerned about. At this point in the story I began to seriously worry for Erica and Blake's future. I saw a completely new side to Blake that left me feeling uneasy with what he was doing. I couldn't believe what was happening and how Blake had changed so dramatically. I really didn't like this new side to him and I was a little scared for Erika. What had happened to the sweet man that I had fallen for? 

No longer my sweet romantic lover, the man in front of me 
was the ruthless billionaire that wouldn't be crossed.

This series continues to pull me in and keep me fascinated throughout. I truly cannot predict what will happen next for Erica and Blake as the story takes so many different directions. It has been a gripping read so far and I can't wait to move on to the next book. 

"Hardline" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️  from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment