Wednesday 5 August 2015

Review: Mia Sheriden's "Archer's Voice."

Review: Mia Sheriden's "Archer's Voice."

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1gxHZ9f
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1LOl1r1

Synopsis:

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. The first three books in the series need not be read to enjoy this book. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

Review: Surj

I'm a little late to the "Mia Sheridan" party (in fact eighteen months late) but better late than never right? "Archer's Voice" was my first read by this author and what I found was an emotional, heart warming, beautiful and even sweet story that I really enjoyed. Did I absolutely love it? Did it blow my mind? Was it completely different to anything I'd read before? Not necessarily. However, there were definitely  parts that left me speechless. Where I felt like my heart had been ripped out and my very breath has been knocked out of my lungs. 

Maybe there was no right or wrong, no black and white, 
only a thousand shades of grey when it came to pain and 
what we each hold ourselves responsible for. 

The first 40% or so of "Archer's Voice" was a slow builder. You know when you just need more... I couldn't even tell you of what in particular. I just remember reading and thinking that what I was reading was almost run of the mill. However, things definitely picked up after the 40% mark and that's when I found myself completely invested in Archer and Bree's story. Suddenly, this wasn't just the love story about two broken souls. It appeared this was so much more that that. "Archer's Voice" was about conquering fears and insecurities. It was about overcoming adversities and prejudices. It was about self discovery but most importantly, it was about how unconditional love and support can help you to achieve anything you want to. 

‘It suddenly occurred to me that Archer Hale had taught himself
an entire language, but hadn’t a single person to talk to. Until me.’

Archer was a character that I completely fell in love with. He was a perfect mix of strength and vulnerability. There were moments I was left in awe of him and other times I just wanted to wrap him up in cotton wool and shelter him from the cruel and harsh realities of the world. But I (like many of the characters in the book) needed to remind myself that he was a grown man and not a child. He didn't want or need pity. He needed normalcy and that's what he craved. 

And Bree... despite harbouring her own demons, I absolutely loved the unconditional hand of friendship she offered Archer. When the town's folk warned her against it, when family told her she was making a huge mistake, she persevered because she saw something no one took the time or effort to see. Bree was selfless and even when things didn't necessarily go to plan, her understanding and patient nature meant it wasn't long before things were back on track. 

As individuals, Bree and Archer had so much to overcome, unfortunately as a couple, things became even more complicated. As much as I could see that they belonged together, the gods were not going to make it an easy ride for them and as obstacle after obstacle was thrown at them, I wondered whether they would ever see a HEA. Would love be enough to see them through? I wasn't so sure. 

"This is that burden I was talking about, Bree. 
This is what the burden of loving me looks like."

“Loving you isn’t a burden. Loving you is an honor and a joy, Archer.”

There were some absolutely beautiful scenes between Archer and Bree. Some made me smile, others made my heart swell. And then there were those scenes... oh yes... Archer Hale was one sexy as hell hottie when it came to the bedroom and when he turned all possessive and alpha... uh huh... nothing like marking your woman to make sure the world knew who she belonged to... go beat your chest Archer hale!!! Lol

I really enjoyed the writing in "Archer's Voice" and in particular, the way Archer and Bree communicated and the way this was translated  in the book. It was unique and different and definitely added something to the story. 

All in all, a good introduction to the work of Mia Sheridan. I'll definitely be looking up her other books that's for sure and if her men are anything like Archer Hale, god help me. 

"What I know, is that you walked through my gate that day and I lost my heart. 
But not because it could have been any girl- because it was you. I lost my heart to you. 
And Bree, in case you're wondering, I don't ever want it back."

I rated "Archer's Voice" ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment