Tuesday 25 August 2015

Review Blitz: CD Reiss' "Rule (Songs of Corruption #3)."

Review Blitz: CD Reiss' "Rule (Songs of Corruption #3)."  

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1GNwjZK
Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1J7yLHO

Synopsis:

Book Three in The Corruption Series. You must read SPIN and RUIN before reading RULE! 

Theresa and Antonio. 

They've been through hell. Antonio has a price on his head for turning his back on a marriage deal, and Theresa has no intention of turning her back on him. They're devoted and strong, ready for anything.... 

A Love Tested To The Limit 

And then, someone from Antonio's past reappears. Someone who can give him everything he ever wanted, and who can shake them to their very core. 

#livetogether 

#dietogether 

In this stunning conclusion to the USA Today Bestselling series, Antonio and Theresa will have their passion, their devotion and their very will to live tested.

Review-Jo 

Chaos. She was fucking chaos. From the minute she walked into my life 
with toilet paper on her shoe, she had been a wrecking ball.

I have so much love for this series, but with "Rule" being the final book, my feelings were mixed. Part of me was ridiculously excited and the other part of me was feeling extremely anxious and petrified of what lay ahead for my Capo and his Contessa. Once I put my big girl pants on and I had said a little prayer to not let anything bad happen, I began reading and I was determined to make the story last for as long as possible. I wanted to savour the beauty of it all, to read and re-read every word of CD Reiss' exquisite writing until it was ingrained in my heart.

"Run like everything you love is on fire. Break the ground beneath your feet 
with the power of your steps. Stretch your gait past the length of your entire body. 
Fold space with your speed. Breath fire. Eat air. Take off. Fly." 

Because I want my review to be completely spoiler free, I have decided to write about how the entire series has affected me rather than just how I feel about "Rule". From the very first moment of starting this series, I have been hooked and I have remained that way ever since. This Romeo and Juliet like story has completely captivated me. The series has been filled with passion and intensity that has continued to capture my attention and keep me on the edge of my seat. My heart has been in my mouth throughout the majority of this series and although I was almost shaking with nerves for Theresa and Antonio, I would not let it overshadow my enjoyment of stepping into their world. I enjoyed so much about this story, I revelled in the swoonworthy romantic scenes and the spicy hot sex scenes that made my tummy flip. There were moments that made me laugh out loud, in "Rule" there was a particular scene where I laughed so much that I had tears in my eyes. There were also moments that made me cry big ugly tears for what had occurred. The whole series was one long emotional rollercoaster of which I have loved every minute. 

"When we're in the middle of the storm, if you need to leave, I won't think less of you. 
Because there is going to be a storm, my love. I think you can handle it. I do. 
But if you can't, don't even say good-bye. Just turn your back and go." 

Theresa and Antonio are without a doubt one of my favourite book couples. I have adored every single moment of their journey together. They are such fantastic characters, this is another one of CD Reiss' talents. She always creates the most wonderful personalties. Capo and his Contessa are truly the most perfect hero and heroine of this story. The king and queen that were always meant for each other. I have been invested in their relationship from day one and I have loved watching the progression of both Theresa and Antonio. How the couple have grown into one another so by this last book, they know every single thing about each other and were prepared to work seamlessly together when the time came to defend their world from destruction. 

"You're mine. You'll always be mine. We live together, 
or we die together. There is nothing in between." 

As always CD Reiss' writing has been consistently beautiful. This author has a unique way of storytelling. A gift of being able to dazzle the reader with the way in which she uses words. If you have not read a CD Reiss book, I implore you to pick one up or add one to your kindle today. I am certain that you will be as enchanted as I have been. One of the things I have loved about this series are the gorgeous Italian words that Antonio used repeatedly. It made me want to learn his dreamy language. There was something about the way in which Capo spoke to his Contessa that made my heart melt. I cannot wait to hear Spin's voice on audio book. I know I will be swooning the whole way through. 

"Dio mio, woman. When this is over, I'm going to take you to a 
place no one knows, and I'm splitting you in two." 

I hope I haven't given anything away about the final instalment of this amazing series. All I will say is that "Rule" lived up to all of my expectations. It was the perfect conclusion to the Mafia story that I have loved so fiercely. "Rule" was exciting, enthralling and at times it took my breath away. You will not be disappointed. Now, I know that the "Songs of Corruption" series has come to an end, but I can't help but feel sad that it's over. My heart refuses to listen, it's not ready to hear those two short words "The End". So, I am keeping my fingers crossed for more! 

"Some things are in the stars. I was meant to protect you. And you were meant to rule."

"Rule" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️  from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment