Thursday 30 July 2015

Review: Kat French's "The Piano Man Project."

Release Day Review:  Kat French's "The Piano Man Project." 


Synopsis:

Finding love isn’t always black and white…

You: kind, piano-playing sex god

Me: hopelessly romantic charity shop manager

Honeysuckle Jones has a problem, and her best friends Nell and Tash are on a mission to help her solve it. She needs a man – a caring, intelligent, funny man. But most importantly, a man who’s good with his hands…

Luckily Honey’s new neighbour – moody, antisocial ex-chef Hal – fails on almost every count. Even though the chemistry between them is electric, he’s obviously wrong for her in every way.

But when Honey discovers the devastating reason for his moods she decides to give him another chance. And discovers that the best songs aren’t always in tune…

A hilarious, feel-good, sexy romantic comedy for fans of Lucy Diamond, Paige Toon and Giovanna Fletcher.

Review-Jo 

I have read and loved all of Kitty French's books so far, so I thought that it was about time I read a book by Kitty's alter ego, Kat French. "The Piano Man Project" was funny, heart warming and contained an ending that was straight from a romantic movie. 

At first appearances, it seemed as though Honey had a nice life surrounded by great friends and lovely work colleagues, but there was one thing missing from her life and that was a good man. Poor Honey had the worst luck when it came to meeting Mr Right. This is why her best friends stepped in and embarked on a mission to find her ideal man (preferably a man that played the piano and as such had skilful hands! LOL). Little did Honey know that the answer to all her man problems was living next door! 

"I think it should be you. You're the man I need. No one's ever kissed me like that." 

When I first met Hal, he reminded me of Mr Rochester from the novel "Jane Eyre". He was all mean, moody and mysterious. The only thing that Hal had going for him was his good looks, but apart from that there was nothing appealing about Hal whatsoever. He was bad tempered, grumpy and rude! Despite these not-so-attractive qualities Honey felt herself being drawn to Hal. It was as though she couldn't stay away from him, making an effort to knock on his door every single day. 

Honey was screwing him up with her funny-girl lines and her good intentions, 
and her kisses that made him forget about the bad stuff. 

Soon after meeting Hal, I started to wonder why he was so grumpy all of the time. He was always in a bad mood, just like Mr Rochester, I was sure he was hiding something and I wanted to know what it was. Just as I began to have these thoughts, I got my answer to this question and everything suddenly became crystal clear. I started to understand the reasons for Hal's anger and unpleasant behaviour.

"Don't love me, Honey. I don't love me. 
Fuck, I barely even know me, so there's no way you can." 

Honey and Hal began a sort of friendship, however Hal was determined that it wouldn't go any further than being just friends, despite the chemistry that the pair shared. This frustrated me, I really wanted him to accept Honey's offer of love and support. I felt so sorry for Honey. If it was me in that situation, I don't think I could have been as patient with Hal. I almost wanted someone to come along and sweep her off her feet. It would serve Hal right! LOL. 

Overall "The Piano Man Project" was an enjoyable read. However I will put my hands up and admit, I think I'm more of a Kitty French girl rather than a Kat French one. Give me an erotic, kinky romance any day of the week! LOL. I rate this one ❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Will you disappear again if I tell you that I love you?"
"Only if you'll disappear with me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment