Tuesday 16 June 2015

Review: Natasha Boyd's "Deep Blue Eternity."

Review: Natasha Boyd's "Deep Blue Eternity." 


Synopsis:

Livvy is on the run. And she’s escaped to the one place nobody will ever find her.

But the isolated cottage isn’t empty. Her refuge is home to a troubled stranger, Tom, there for reasons of his own.

In the intimacy of the abandoned cottage, and the remote wilderness of the island, the electrifying connection between them is impossible to ignore. Both running from their histories and shielding dark secrets, their pasts catch up with them and collide in an unimaginable way.

Deep emotions and powerful chemistry face a painful battle with the tangle of lies, and scars of the past. When the truth emerges, hearts will be shattered.

Review-Jo 

Wow! What an emotional and heartbreaking read this was. "Deep Blue Eternity" was a story about learning to live, love and have hope for a better future despite the scars from the past.

"Sometimes God strikes us with darkness in order to show us the light." 

The story began with eighteen year old Olivia running away from home. At the time I had no clue why she was running and so immediately questions were springing into my mind. This continued throughout the book as Olivia attempted to start a new life. There was so much mystery surrounding Olivia to what had happened to her. She was so lost and frightened. Whatever Olivia had experienced was painful and traumatic. My mind was working overtime trying to guess what had occurred and this only got worse with the introduction of Tom.

I'd come here to escape my demons and suddenly it seemed like 
someone else was battling even bigger ones than mine. 

I knew there was more to Tom than what he first said and I was wrecking my brain trying to guess what connected him to Olivia and her family. As the story continued and I discovered secret after secret, I slowly began to realise the awful situation that Olivia had been in and the reason why she ran away. I have to say that I did find the first half of the story to be a little slow moving but that didn't stop me from continuing. I was not giving up until every piece to Olivia and Tom's puzzle had slotted into place. Once the story had reached the seventy per-cent mark, things got a lot more fast paced and I found it difficult to be separated from my kindle.

"I want you to feel something for me. God, even if it's irritation, 
anger, disappointment. Just feel something for me, I can't bear it." 

"I do feel Goddammit. I fucking feel you. I feel for you. 
I feel everything I shouldn't fucking feel." 

Olivia and Tom's story has earned a place in my heart. Tom was the perfect guy for Olivia, helping to heal her damaged soul and broken heart. Some of the scenes between the pair almost moved me to tears. Their journey together was so emotional and truly touched my heart. I adored the way that Natasha Boyd brought the story to an end, using letters as a sort of epilogue. This was another moment that pulled at my heart strings. I loved "Deep Blue Eternity", it was well worth the read and it gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️  from me.

She was my deep blue eternity. She was young, but her heart was a thousand years old. 
Mine was too. And a thousand years from now, she'd still be in it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment