Wednesday 6 May 2015

Review: Alison.G. Bailey's "Present perfect."

Review: Alison.G. Bailey's "Present perfect."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1bQznaE
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1dEwkDV

Synopsis:

I’ve been unsure about many things in my life except for one thing, that I have always loved him. Every single minute of every single day that I have been on this earth, my heart has belonged to him. It has never been a question, never a doubt. The love had taken on many different forms over the years, but it had always been a constant. 

Everyone has their definition of love. There have been countless songs sung about it. A gazillion books, articles, and poems written about it. There are experts on love who will tell you how to get it, keep it, and get over it. 

We’re led to believe love is complicated. It’s not the love that’s complicated. It’s all the crap that we attach to it and put in front of it that makes it difficult. If you’re smart, you’ll realize this before it’s too late and simplify.

Amanda Kelly spent her entire life trying to control every aspect of it, while striving for perfection. Her obsession with being perfect, along with her feelings of worthlessness, consumed her. The one thing she thought was perfect in her life was the bond she shared with her best friend, Noah. 

Everything was going according to her life plan until she woke up one day and realized she had fallen in love with him. The one thing she couldn’t control was the affect he had on her. Noah had the power to give her one hundred lifetimes of happiness, which also gave him the power to completely devastate her. He was the one thing in her life that was perfect, but she couldn't allow herself to have him.

Her life begins to unravel. Events take over and force her to let go of her dreams and desires. She needs to realize that a person cannot control the events in their life, only their reaction to them...but will it be too late for her to save her relationship with her best friend? 

Present Perfect is a story of how past events have present consequences and how perfect your present could be if you stopped fighting and just allowed it to happen. 

Review: Kirsty Lander

This was such a good book. The kind of book that keeps me wanting to pick up my kindle and read, even when I shouldn't be!

I've read so much hype about this book but never picked it up for whatever reason, but I'm so glad I finally got to it and read it. It was brilliant. The characters, I have mixed feelings about, but the story was great. Very different and addicting.

"If there's no such thing as perfect then, why does the word exist?"

Noah and Amanda meet are young children and instantly become the best of friends. Their friendship was so sweet and adorable right from the off. As they grow older, feelings change and at times, they see each other in a different way.. a romantic way. But Amanda isn't sure. And this is where I had a huge problem. Amanda irritated the life out of me. I understood her reservations to a certain extent, she didn't want to ruin a friendship by starting a relationship and it possibly going wrong, but the way she went about it was so damn irritating. She was constantly jealous of Noah and any relationship she had, and at the same time, she would constantly tell him she didn't want him in a romantic way.. I just felt sorry for the poor guy.

Noah was a saint, for sure. The way Amanda treated him, constantly going back and forth with her feelings, must have been so confusing, yet he was always there for her, right by her side whenever anything went wrong. And things did go wrong in her life.. awful things that were heart breaking. And his friendship never ailed her, he was one of the nicest guys I've read about in a book.

"Noah had always been my best friend, my partner in crime, my protector, 
my soul mate, the love of my life. My everything. I may not have gotten the beauty, 
intelligence or talent, but I got Noah Stewart, the one "perfect" thing 
I could claim as mine and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world."

I won't say anything about how the book ends, because I was constantly left wondering and I think it's great to be like that when reading. All I will say though, is that it was a great ending, with plenty of emotion.

"You've always been my girl and always will be. No one will ever take me away from you, 
Tweet. You're my heart and soul and that's never going to change, no matter what you say."

I rated "Presently Perfect" ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment