Thursday 7 May 2015

Review: Alessandra Torre's "Black Lies."

Review: Alessandra Torre's "Black Lies."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1E0T3QS
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1zt64G3

Synopsis:

Brant: 
Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years.
Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times.

Lee: 
Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his cock. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.

Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails.

If you think you’ve heard this story before, trust me – you haven’t.

Review: Surj 

Whoa ... what a fantastic read. This is my first experience of a book by Alessandra Torre and it absolutely won't be the last. "Black Lies" was brilliant. It was unique. It was unpredictable. This was a breath of fresh air with a plot that was well thought out and so different to anything i've come across before. Although not a particularly long read, "Black Lies" had me hooked right the way through. I'll even go so far as to say that the mystery and suspense woven through the pages was so that the urge to cheat and go straight to the end was strong... so freakin' strong!!!! So many times I had to scold myself and tell myself that it would be worth the wait... whatever it was that I was waiting for and trust me, it was. I mean what the f**k??? Seriously? No way!!! Never in a million years would I have guessed how Brant, Lee and Layana's story would unravel. A conventional love triangle this definitely wasn't. In fact I take my hat off to this author because the plot was pure genius. All I can say is, be prepared for the head fuck, for the heart stopping, jaw dropping moments that will leave you gob smacked. And get your brain cells ready for the mother of all work outs as you try and work out the secrets, lies, deception and truth! 

When you really love someone, you cannot walk away. No matter what they do. 
No matter the lies from their mouth, or the actions from their bodies, 
you tie yourself tightly to their sail and vow to be there through thick and thin. 
Let the wind blow you where it may. Even if that place is a crash. 
Even if that place tears you apart and kills anything good.

Nothing (and I mean nothing) in "Black Lies" was quite as it seemed. As I navigated my way through the pages, there were clues thrown in as to the direction the story would take. I didn't pick up on them until I'd turned the last page and that's when all of those little bits slotted into place and I had several "eureka" moments. There were also several curve balls thrown in to add to the excitement of what I was reading and just for good measure, a couple of red herrings chucked in too, just to throw me off the scent ... lol. I thought up all sorts of scenarios from the breadcrumbs that had been laid out before me but I was wrong on each and every count. 

True love makes a person reckless, makes them take risks and make sacrifices. 
True love tests the boundaries of our person, 
makes us yearn to be better and fight for the ground we stand on.

It's difficult to talk about the characters without giving anything away. All I would say is, I couldn't hate any of them, including Layana (despite rebellious ways). In terms of the boys, each of them was so different... so opposite but both of them had this vulnerable side that just pulled me in. Their feelings for Layana were never in question, both of them loving her fiercely and with an unwavering passion. The question that constantly ran through my mind was which one she would pick... because in the end she would have to pick... sharing was never an option. And so my heart broke for them all. 

I love her too much to share her. I hate him with a vengeance that turns my blood white.

"Black Lies" was a book that was unputdownable. I couldn't fault the writing and I absolutely couldn't fault the uniqueness of the plot. This has been on my kindle since it's release last August and I really do hang my head in shame for leaving such a masterpiece unread for so long. If you have it, read it. If you don't have it, buy it. You won't regret it. I rated "Black Lies" ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails. I love two men. 
I fuck two men. If you think you’ve heard this story before, you haven’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment