Thursday 12 March 2015

Review: Lisa J. Hobman's "Reasons to Leave (Reasons #1)".

Review: Lisa J. Hobman's "Reasons to Leave (Reasons #1)". 


Synopsis:

The daughter of a single mother, and abandoned by her father, Stevie thought she had finally found a man she could trust.
Aged eighteen she thought she would be with Jason forever.

Everything between them was perfect until the night of the leaver's ball when he disappeared without trace.

Ten years on, can Stevie ever learn to trust again enough to give her heart?

Or are the ghosts of her past determined to stop her from ever finding true love? 

Review-Jo 

"Reasons to Leave" was a story about first love and second chance's and followed the journey of Stevie and Jason. 

At eighteen, Stevie and Jason were head over heels in love and Stevie thought that they would be together forever. However, on the night of the school leavers ball, Jason disappeared leaving Stevie utterly heartbroken. The story then skips forward ten years and Stevie was single, attempting to make the most of her life but she had never truly recovered from the heartbreak that Jason caused. Her heart was damaged beyond repair leaving her unable to let any other man into her heart. When she was given a second chance of love, she didn't know whether to jump in head first or guard her heart from anymore pain. 

Her broken heart, with its misplaced pieces, just wasn't ready to be 
glued back together and handed to another man.

Stevie's character made me so sad. Not only had she been deserted by her first love but also her Father, who had left her abandoned the family a long time ago. She was such a broken woman who was too scared to love again. Jason was her first love, a love that she could never forget or replace. When Stevie was given a second chance of love, I felt so sorry for her as her head and heart battled it out with each other. I was willing for her to follow her heart but at the same time I could understand her reluctance to trust someone again. Poor Stevie was completely torn and couldn't decide what to do for the best. She needed a crystal ball! 

She would never trust another man enough to give her heart away again. 
She would keep it firmly under lock and key.

Jason intrigued me from the very beginning. I suspected that he was hiding something from Stevie, I just didn't know what. As soon as he disappeared, I knew that there had to be a good reason because I was certain that deep down he was in love with Stevie just as much as she loved him. I just wish that he had dealt with his problems in a different way because leaving Stevie had caused irreparable damage. 

"You broke me Jason. I can't love anyone. I can't trust anyone. 
So yes that's what you did...you broke me." 

I truly enjoyed this first part of the story, it was definitely worth the read. I can't wait to get stuck into part two as I am looking forward to seeing what happens next for Stevie. I'm really hoping that she will find her happy ever after, because this woman deserves some happiness in her life! 

Now that I have you back, how am I supposed to just walk away? 
How can I let you go? You know I can't stay, but how do I leave? 

"Reasons to Leave" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment