Monday 8 December 2014

Review: Sylvia Day's "Captivated By You (Crossfire # 4)".

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Review: Sylvia Day's "Captivated By You (Crossfire # 4)".


Synopsis:

Gideon calls me his angel, but he's the miracle in my life. My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own.

The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn't sure I was strong enough to bear.

At the brightest time in our lives, the darkness of his past encroached and threatened everything we'd worked so hard for. We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we'd had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream... 

Review: Kirsty Lander

“Take me. Take all of me. The good and the bad. Everything. Take it all.”

I went in to this book not expecting very much. Not because of the writing, not because of the story itself, but because it has taken so freaking long to land on my kindle that I really thought all of my interest had been lost. After all it has been SEVENTEEN months since I read the last instalment (like most people). There was no way I was about to read the first three books again, so I was a little concerned. But it turns out I had absolutely no need to be. I love Gideon and Eva and within seconds of reading Captivated by You I was back in their world without a worry. It felt like visiting old friends, albeit slightly crazy ones. 

It did take me a while to actually recognise and become familiar with Gideon and Eva though. That could have been partly because of the way this book is written. In the previous three books the story is told solely from Eva's POV, which is fine, but we've never really been inside Gideon's head, apart from small snippets, whereas this book is told in alternating POV's. It was a little shocking to finally be in Gideon's head, although I'd say it definitely helped with the whole story. Gideon is one of the most interesting characters I have ever read about and so being inside his head and understanding why he acts in certain ways was a massive help. It just made me love his character even more.

"My wife would fight the world for me. It was miraculous to know that. 
When no one else had fought for me, I'd somehow found the one soul who would."

There were some things that I got tired of, for instance Eva's behaviour towards Gidoen at times, and the whole sex tape fiasco. We know, thanks to the previous book - Entwined with You - that a sex tape of Eva and Brett exists and there are all sorts of threats for it to be released, but honestly, having the will they/won't they use it going on throughout the whole story got a little boring for me. There was no way Gideon was going to allow it to be shown, we all know that, so I didn't feel like it needed to be dragged on. Another thing that grated on my nerves was Eva's attitude and behaviour towards Gideon. Being with him, seeing all of his ways, Eva knew what she was getting herself in for. Gideon himself has admitted he isn't perfect and will screw up, so why oh why must she fly off the handle at every little thing he does wrong. On one hand I understand her, but on the other, I can't help thinking she is a spoiled brat. Gideon has already changed so much by being with her, I can't help thinking she treats him unfairly. It's like she wants him to be a completely different person altogether. 

Aside from all of that, on the whole, I really enjoyed this book. Yes, I hated the fact that I have waited so long to read it (for whatever reason.. I don't want to get in to that) but I do think it was worth the wait. I've never read a series with so many books in it, and I would have thought that I'd end up bored, but it hasn't happened with this series. I could read about Gideon and Eva forever..

“I’m hanging on by a thread, Eva.”
“You don’t have to hang on. Let go. I’ll catch you.”

"Captivated By You" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment