Tuesday 23 December 2014

Review: Clare James' "Dirty Little Tricks (Quick and Dirty # 2)".

Review: Clare James' "Dirty Little Tricks (Quick and Dirty # 2)".

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1tSkJFX
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1vCbgPV

Synopsis:

How far would you go to please your lover?

Probably not as far as Stevie Sinclair and Gabe Shannon – who put it all on the table one Halloween night.

In this second book in the Quick and Dirty Series, beloved characters Stevie Sinclair and Gabe Shannon navigate through the ups and downs of their grown-up—albeit kinky—relationship.

And while Stevie’s thoroughly enjoyed every mind-blowing sexperience with Gabe, she worries she’s not enough to keep him satisfied for the long term.

So it’s back to the drawing board for Stevie …

First stop?

Club Venus for the annual Halloween masquerade party.
What follows is one insanely hot and filthy night of mayhem where nobody is who they appear to be … ah, you get the idea.

Dirty Little Tricks is the seductive conclusion to Stevie and Gabe’s story and the beginning for one lucky couple at Club Venus. 

Review-Jo Rushton 

I absolutely loved the first book in the series, giving it five hearts. Stevie and Gabe's journey was one that I thoroughly enjoyed, so when I saw that they were getting another book, I was eager to see what would happen next for this hot couple. 

In "Dirty Little Tricks," Stevie and Gabe had been together for a while and were in a serious, committed relationship living together with their pet pig (who was very cute!). You could say that normal life had crept in and the honey moon period was well and truly over. Stevie and Gabe had been an extremely kinky couple, but their sex life appeared to have taken a bit of a nose dive. 

"I wanted him to want me the way he used to." 

Stevie, once again, came up with another one of her lists. A list of plans to spice things up again, to bring back that kinky spark that they once had for each other. What followed was a series of hilarious attempts by Stevie as she followed her list. The final plan was for Halloween night. This plan was one that I felt was taking things a bit too far. I saw disaster written all over it. 

"I want to make you happy. What would it take to do that?"
"One night of adventure. A night without any rules."

Although I enjoyed reading this story and being able to catch up with Stevie and Gabe, unfortunately it wasn't a book that I loved. I felt that the first half of the story failed to pull me in and I began to feel a little disappointed. Despite this, I continued to read on, keen to see if Stevie's plan would work. For me, I felt that the last twenty percent was the part that I enjoyed the most. The pace of the story started to pick up and there were a few twists that I did not expect. I was left fearing what would happen next for this couple. 

"This place that used to bring me so much comfort has turned into my biggest nightmare."

Even though, this story failed to grab me the way I wanted it to, I still love Stevie and Gabe. They continue to make an adorable couple. I love how crazy they are for each other and for that reason, I cant wait for the third book in this series. I also became intrigued by April and Jamieson and I am looking forward to reading their book. I am keeping my fingers crossed for them! 


"Dirty Little Tricks" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment