Friday 28 November 2014

Review: S.L Scott's "The Redemption."

❤️❤️❤️❤️  Review: S.L Scott's "The Redemption."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1xlEHqh
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1uQ03Pv

Synopsis:

The Redemption is a standalone novel. The Resistance is a standalone novel, but the two books share characters and background.

He was everything she never wanted. Yet, she couldn’t stop thinking about him.

Soulful, amber eyes 

A sex, drugs, and rock n’roll reputation

A body that beckoned for sin

Three years ago Rochelle Floros was living her dream come true… then lost it all. On the worst day of her life, the last person she expected to be there for her was a rock star and tabloid favorite. Now, she’s trying to rebuild her life after the tragedy that destroyed her fairytale. Slowly, she found herself captivated by a sexy, bad boy drummer she had known for years. 

Rochelle was caught between the grief that shrouded her heart and the charismatic man that made it race. What she didn’t know is if he was being sincere or toying with her heart. The Redemption is about finding the pulse of your soul in the most unlikely places and giving love a chance to grow.

Can what she wants really be what she needs? With his rhythm and her passion, can they make music together? Or will their harmony be lost forever? 

Review: kirsty lander

This book may have taken me over two weeks to read (so unlike me) but I loved it all the same. I didn't want to put it down, but unfortunately life got in the way, and I had no choice. Most importantly, The Redemption was a great read and one I would definitely recommend.

Rochelle and Dex are an unlikely couple, but a couple that work.. and work really well. Rochelle is a grieving widower who finds comfort in Dex, the reckless musician that everybody else has given up on. Including himself.

"There's a void that music can't fill, that other women won't fix, that drugs won't blur, 
and that time won't relent. My drug of choice these days is you."

Dex has kept his love for Rochelle a secret for years. He fell for her the first day he ever met her, 11 years prior. Unfortunately, for him she was taken and he had to bide his time, waiting to be the man that she needed. Honestly, by the time Rochelle was in a position to be dating again, I expected her to be a little easier on her man of choice.. I couldn't have been more wrong. There was a lot of back and forth from Rochelle, lots of 'should I? Or shouldn't I?' when it comes to her and Dex and yes, it is understandably so, but at times it was a little too much and I got bored of reading it. We all knew what she wanted and who she wanted, so a lot of it was unnecessary. It made me feel bad for Dex a lot of the time. 

"You're the melody I can't capture and the notes I can't hit. 
But I can't fight your pull, always gravitating toward your world, to you."

The story itself wasn't anything totally out there, it wasn't really unique or unusual, but that's fine. It was an easy read and sometimes that's exactly what I need. Yes there was the odd emotional part, or something that would really make me laugh out loud, but on the whole I just found it easy to read.

"You're my constant. My north. The only compass worth following."

I rated "The Redemption" ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment