Friday 24 October 2014

4 Hearts Review: Beth Kery's "The Affair: Week 1- You've Tantalized Me (The Affair # 3)."

4 Hearts Review: Beth Kery's "The Affair: Week 1- You've Tantalized Me (The affair # 3)."


Synopsis:

Innocent yet unconventional hospice nurse Emma Shore has secured a new position at The Breakers, the sprawling mansion of enigmatic and dangerously handsome racecar billionaire Michael Montand. Hired as caretaker for Montand’s stepmother, Emma expects few complications. But one night, lost in the mansion’s maze of corridors, she comes upon a woman and a man she can’t identify engaged in a raw, naked interlude of sexual subjugation. Silently, from the shadows, Emma watches—shocked, appalled, and unnervingly aroused.

But Emma wonders… if this mysterious stranger is not Montand, then who is it? And what other surprises are in store for her? Night after sleepless night, she’s considering the possibilities. And for the first time in her life, she’s not going to run away from them.

Review-Jo Rushton 

You can't go wrong with a series written by Beth Kery. Her books are the kind that have always pulled me in from the first page and kept me captivated throughout. The Affair was no exception. 

Emma was a young nurse, employed to care for Christine Montand, the stepmother of the mysterious Micheal Montand. Whilst on duty one night, Emma accidentally found herself in the wrong room and became a voyeur to an extremely sexual encounter. She was left surprised by her reactions to what she saw and wanted to know who the man was. 

She couldn't see his face, and yet...He was so beautiful. 

My first impressions of Emma were that she was sweet, caring and extremely passionate about her career. I also saw an inquisitive side to her. Emma became fascinated by the Montand family and was keen to know more about them. Outside of work, I wasn't sure if Emma was truly happy. Life for her seemed to be uneventful and lacked excitement for someone so young. It seemed as though her career was her life, which made me feel a little sorry for her.

Something had rocked her comfortable world, and she resented the man-irrationally. 

I liked Emma immediately and I look forward to getting to know her. I can't wait to see how this character will develop and I am hopeful that something exciting will rock her world! 

Micheal Montand was a man who appeared to be holding a lot of secrets. He was like a puzzle that I couldn't wait to work out. Micheal Montand was the type of man that never fails to attract me. Extremely Rich and handsome and a dark, mysterious reputation. I was sold! 

"Montand is a hot as Hades, but all that sexy goodness is a waste, 
because he's a cold, scary bastard."

I have been completely intrigued by this story so far and I am left with so many unanswered questions. As soon as I reached the end, I was left wanting and needing more. I couldn't wait to move on to part two. I just knew that this was going to be a good series! 

"The Affair: Part One" gets 4 inquisitive hearts from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment