Monday 18 August 2014

Review: Mila Gray's "Come Back To Me".

5 Hearts Review: Mila Gray's "Come Back To Me". 


Synopsis:

Home on leave in sunny California, Marine and local lothario Kit Ryan finds himself dangerously drawn to his best friend's sister, Jessa - the one girl he can't have.

But Kit's not about to let a few obstacles stand in his way and soon Jessa's falling for his irresistible charms.

What starts out as a summer romance of secret hook-ups and magical first times quickly develops into a passionate love affair that turns both their worlds upside down.

When summer's over and it's time for Kit to redeploy, neither Kit nor Jessa are ready to say goodbye. Jessa's finally following her dreams and Kit's discovered there's someone he'd sacrifice everything for.

Jessa's prepared to wait for Kit no matter what. But when something more than distance and time rips them apart they're forced to decide whether what they have is really worth fighting for.

A breathtaking, scorchingly hot story about love, friendship, family and finding your way back from the edge of heartbreak.

Review-Jo 

Wow!! This story has blown me away!! "Come Back To Me" was a powerful and emotional read. It was beautiful yet heartbreaking. It as one of those stories that I will hold in my heart forever. If you love an epic, heart-wrenching love story, then this one's definitely  for you! 

Kit was a Marine, home on leave with his best friend and fellow comrade, "Riley". The pair had been best buddies for forever and shared a strong bond but when Kit found himself lusting after Riley's younger sister "Jessa" he began to wonder how strong that bond really was. 

I loved Jessa. She was sweet and cute and I just adored her. I also felt really sorry for her. Her life appeared to not be her own. Controlled by her over-protective and domineering father and her older brother, at eighteen, her future was pretty much planned out for her. She just didn't have any control over it at all. 

But then along came Kit and her boring life was turned on its head!

Being with Kit makes me feel alive, wired, excited......
it feels like life is finally beginning after being stuck on pause for the last eighteen years.

Jessa was always attracted to Kit so when he started flirting with her, the inevitable happened and the couple embarked on a secret romance. However, luck just wasn't on their side and with her over protective family and Kit due to return to active service in a matter of weeks, I wondered if their relationship would survive. 

Four weeks. A month. And then he's gone again. Why am I even wanting 
some-thing to happen between us? It wouldn't be worth it. He'd be gone before I knew it.

Kit was a total sweetheart! I loved him, I mean who wouldn't? He was sexy, cute and funny. He was also protective and supportive and made the perfect boyfriend for Jessa. I loved how he always wore his heart on his sleeve and made so much effort with their relationship. He really took care of her. This guy would make any girl swoon! 

Jessa and Kit spent every spare minute they had getting to know each other and quickly fell head over heels, their relationship turning into a beautiful yet passionate love affair. So when it was time for Kit to return to his marine duties, the couple had to say a heart breaking goodbye. 

I want to press myself into her flesh like a thumbprint into wet clay, leaving a maker's mark. 
 I want to take a piece of her with me and leave a piece of me with her. 
How do I get enough of her to last me a year?

I loved Jessa and Kits early days. What started off so sweet and pure turned into a beautiful love story. The couple shared that once in a lifetime kinda love. The kind of love that you never want to let go of. The kind of love that you can never forget. This makes this story all the more tragic.

"Come back to me. Promise you'll come back to me,"
"Always."

The couple had no idea of what the future held and what traumatic experiences lay ahead. I feared what was in store for Jessa and Kit and dreaded turning over each new page. This really was a gut-wrenching part of the story. 

Reading this book was a roller coaster ride of emotions for me. I was happy and excited, I became frustrated and angry and I felt my heart break into tiny little pieces causing so many tears to be shed. My heart ached at times but the story was such a wonderful one that it was well worth the pain. 

"I can't stop loving you. I won't ever stop. You're in my blood. 
You're the only thing that got me through this, Jessa."

I was left with a so many thoughts and feelings after finishing this book. It made me think about the thousands of military hero's that go off to war every year and the loved ones that are left behind. My heart goes out to them. It made me think about how I would feel if my husband was the one that was risking his life, each and every day. It also made me think about how precious life truly is and how once you find your one true love to never let go and fight for it no matter what. That once in a lifetime love is something to be cherished always. 

"Life's short, you only get one shot. Make it count." 

I am still thinking about this book now, almost twenty fours later. It has given me one hell of a book hangover. "Come Back To Me" was amazingly written, from both Jessa and Kit's POV. It contained lovable characters and was truly a beautiful love story that kept me hooked throughout. A perfect combination for a brilliant read. I loved it! 

This was, hands down, a must read and gets 5 Amazing Hearts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment