Monday 28 July 2014

Review: Kristen Ashley's "For You (The Burg #1)".

5 Hearts Review: Kristen Ashley's "For You (The Burg # 1)". 

Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1pZhQya
Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1AjA9oM

Synopsis

Lieutenant Alexander Colton and February Owens were high school sweethearts. Everyone in their small town knew from the moment they met they were meant for each other. But something happened and Feb broke Colt’s heart then she turned wild and tragedy struck. Colt meted out revenge against the man who brought Feb low but even though Colt risked it all for her, Feb turned her back on him and left town. 

Fifteen years later, Feb comes back to help run the family bar. But there’s so much water under the bridge separating her and Colt everyone knows they’ll never get back together. 

Until someone starts hacking up people in Feb’s life. Colt is still Colt and Feb is still Feb so the town watches as Colt goes all out to find the murderer while trying to keep Feb safe. 

As the bodies pile up, The Feds move in and a twisting, turning story unravels exposing a very sick man who has claimed numerous victims along the way, Feb and Colt battle their enduring attraction and the beautiful but lost history that weaves them together.

Review-Jo 

Wow!! This book was all kinds of awesome!! I loved everything about it. "For You" is the first book in The Burg Series. It follows the story of Feb and Colt (Alex). 

"Since I was three, there's never been a day when I wasn't in love with you."

Feb and Colt were once childhood sweethearts, so madly in love that they were convinced that they would be together forever, until something happened that tore the young lovers apart. Many years later the pair are brought together again, under horrific circumstances, and as the saying goes...You never forget your first love. 

"I remember everything about you and I remember all the reasons why I loved you. 
Never could forget even when I tried." 

I loved Feb and Colt. They were brilliant characters that I took to immediately. Colt was a sexy, alpha-male cop. He was well loved and respected by everyone in his town especially the ladies who found themselves dazzled by his extremely good looks and hot body! He was gorgeous!!  Feb had a bit of a shaky past but despite this she was determined to get on with her life, demonstrating what a strong character she was. She was also beautiful and caring. All of the girls wanted to be her friend and all of the men wanted to date her. 

Feb and Colt were electric together. They were crazy about each other and it was becoming more and more difficult for the pair to ignore their desires. Their feelings for each other were just so strong and intense. I loved the delicious chemistry between the two. The sexual tension between the pair was building and building and I knew that this couple were going to be hotter then hell!! Get your air conditioning turned up to it maximum setting for this book ladies!! 

"For the record February, I've had bad. I've had good. 
A couple who were great. Now I've had the best." 

Colt and Feb made a beautiful couple. Colt was always so tactile with Feb and it appeared near on impossible for him not to touch her, especially on her neck. I found this such a big turn on. However most of all I loved how domineering he became when he was with her. I loved how he spoke to her and how he was always straight to point. Feb didn't stand a chance in avoiding him. There was something about the way Colt spoke that I found utterly sexy. He made my heart skip and beat and my legs turn to jelly! lol. 

"Like it right now or not, Feb, couple days ago, you gave yourself back to me. 
You think I'm lettin' that go, think again because, baby, you're fucking wrong."

As the drama unfolded, I began to wonder if Feb and Colt were finally going to get a second chance together. Were they meant to be or was it too late? The story began to make my heart beat faster and my palms sweat as it appeared that things were balancing on a knifes edge for the couple. Life was getting pretty scary for Feb and Colt and I truly worried about their future. 

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all of the characters in this story, not just Feb and Colt, but their families and friends that lived in the town. I felt like I right there with them, sitting in Feb's pub and being part of the community. I truly fell in love with each and every one of the couple's family members and friends even Feb's cat "Wilson"!! 

If you're expecting a nice, easy to read, romantic love story with this book, you are wrong! There was so much going on, so many twists and turns. The story kept me on the edge of my seat and I was frantically reading each page, desperate to know more. This story was brilliantly written and pulled me in from the beginning so much so that I found it was almost impossible to put my kindle down. The night I read this book I got very little sleep resulting in a very tired Jo but it was so worth it! 

"For You" gets 5 awesome hearts from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment