Tuesday 29 July 2014

Review: Katy Evans' "Rogue (Real # 4)."

The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog are pleased to GIVE YOU THEIR 4.5 Hearts Review of Katy Evans' "Rogue (Real # 4)."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1o1EPFU
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1k0xJX6

Synopsis:

HE SAYS HE’S NO GOOD FOR HER. 
SHE HATES THAT HE MIGHT BE RIGHT.

Brook Dumas found Remington Tate in REAL, and now it’s her best friend Melanie’s turn to find the man who makes her heart sing. After years of searching, one night in the rain, the strong and mysterious Greyson King comes to her rescue. He’s bold, and maybe just the lover, friend, and protector she’s been searching for. When they make love, he says her name like it means something. Like she means something—and that’s everything she’s ever wanted. 

He disappears for days without a word, and when he’s around, he says he’ll only hurt her. Buy when he’s away, her heart hurts more. 

Then Melanie uncovers the dark world he’d been determined to keep hidden, and suspects that their random first meeting might have not been so random after all. 

Caught in a free fall of emotions, Melanie has no one to catch her but the man she should be running from. . . 

But what do you do when your Prince Charming has gone Rogue?

Review: Surj Harvey

For those of you who went crazy gaga over Remington "Riptide" Tate and his feral, animalistic, primal, alpha ways (yup me included), you really won't be disappointed when you throw yourself head first into the latest addition to the "Real Series" entitled "Rogue." In fact any reservations I had went completely by the way side because this book exceeded all expectations. It got my heart racing, my hormones disco dancing and the butterflies in my belly throwing a an all night rave!! It was brilliant with the characters well and truly embedding themselves into my affections almost immediately.

Can't leave her alone. Don't fucking want to. She makes me feel like I'm not a robot,
like I'm flesh and blood, a man, not a number, not a job.... not a monster, not a bastard, not a zero.

It was so difficult not to be affected by Melanie and Greyson's story. As beautiful as it was, it was also tragic, moving, saddening and heart wrenching. I mean how could two people that were (on the surface) so wrong for each other fit so perfectly together? Melanie's character was one I could completely relate to. She was a hopeless romantic whose only ever dream had been to find her prince charming. She wanted that fairy tale, the romance, the love, the wedding, the picket fence (I don't know many girls that don't). 

He's the one. The one that's going to wreck me. Hurt me. Demolish me. 
The one who's going to remove every inch of the girl in me. He will be the memory 
I will never forget, and good or bad, he will be the only one I dream of. 

And Greyson, well he was the complete opposite. In him, I found a man that was supposedly void of feelings and didn't do any form of emotional attachment. His character was dark, dangerous and ruthless and he took no prisoners. Fuck him off and you were well and truly fucked!!! Men feared him and women, well women were ready to drop to their knees for him. Me.. well I saw beyond the carefully constructed mask and what I found was a man who lived a life he hadn't chosen. A man who had made sacrifices to protect those he loved. A man who had a heart but would never admit to it in fear of showing weakness. A man who had a whole lotta love to give. Greyson King, I saw it all and that is what made me fall in love with you straight from the word go.  


She's gotten to me, under my skin, into my head, it's like she's flowing in my damn blood. 
I shouldn't have her. She deserves more. More than any guy I know, and definitely more than me. 

In theory, Greyson was Melanie's worst nightmare but instead he became the one thing she couldn't function without. He consumed her every thought and in her eyes, he was perfect. The heart wants what the heart wants and Melanie was willing to over look so much and put her faith and her heart in the hands of this man. Boy did I feel for her, in fact I felt for both of them because the connection they shared was undeniable. It went beyond physical attraction but the foundations of their relationship were built on lies... heart breaking, soul destroying, life shattering lies and I was in on it. 


"Do you know what it feels like carrying the weight of a dead heart with you your whole life,
like you're just looking for your grave?"

I knew exactly what would happen when secrets were exposed but I was helpless to stop it and as such, I had to sit back and watch it all unfold, my heart racing knowing this could never end well, too many external forces against them. I just wanted to cry for the crap hand of cards this couple had well and truly been dealt. Its funny how one poor judgement call, one bad decision can turn your life completely upside down. 


"You wear a scar yet I can't ever imagine you broken."

Greyson and Melanie's relationship was emotionally charged and I felt every ounce of what they went through. It cut deep knowing what I knew and so I savoured the lighter moments, the moments filled with love, heat and passion because I knew what was to come. Katy Evans really does come up trumps when it comes to her writing. She pulled me in with her deeply flawed yet beautiful characters and the emotions she was able to capture so perfectly had me laughing and had my heart hurting in the same breath. I'm so glad this couple got their own story, one that was not overshadowed by Remy's and Brooke. Yes I loved Remy and Brooke and yes they did feature in this book but they were supporting actors, their roles only very small (and rightfully so). 


"For me, this is a fantasy. You're the fantasy.
For you, this will be a mistake. A long, pleasurable mistake."

"Rogue" was brilliant and if you loved the first three books in the series, rest assured, this one will not disappoint. Go click and fall in love with Greyson King, my lovable rogue. 

I rated this book 4.5 Hearts 



No comments:

Post a Comment