Thursday 17 July 2014

Review: Jodi Ellen Malpas's "One Night: Promised (One Night #1)".

5 Hearts Review: Jodi Ellen Malpas's "One Night: Promised (One Night #1)". 


Synopsis:

Livy notices him the moment he walks into the coffee shop. He's heart-stoppingly stunning, with a blue-eyed gaze so piercing she's almost too distracted to take his order. When he walks out the door, she thinks she'll never see him again. Then she finds the note he left on his napkin . . . signed M.

All he wants is one night to worship her. No feelings, no commitment, nothing but pleasure. Every defense mechanism Livy has adopted during her solitary life is at risk of being obliterated by this confounding man. He's obnoxious but well-mannered. He's a gentleman but aloof. He's passionate but emotionless. Yet the fascination is so powerful, Livy can't deny him... or herself.

M awakens something in Livy, something deep and addictive that she never knew existed -- and that she fears only he can satisfy. But she senses that behind the fast cars, fancy suits, and posh apartment, he's aching inside. To have him, body and soul, she'll have to brave his dark secrets. Delving into his world and breaking down his defenses become her obsession - an obsession that could shatter her heart beyond repair..

Review- Jo Rushton

I was so excited to read this book. For me, "One Night: Promised" was one of the most eagerly awaited books of the year and as such I couldn't wait to get started! 

In this new series, the main characters are "Livy" and "M". The pair met, when "M" was a customer at the coffee shop that Livy worked in. Livy was instantly stunned by how gorgeous "M" was and she couldn't help but want to know more about him. But would the mysterious "M" allow her into his world? 

"I need to force myself to stay away from you."

"Why do you need to force yourself?"

"Because you seem like a sweet girl who should get more 
from a man than the best fuck of his life."

"Maybe I want that."

I loved the characters in this story. I found myself falling in love with Livy immediately. She was the really sweet, adorable girl next door who I could totally connect with. She had self respect (a characteristic that always gets a thumbs up from me) and I loved the feisty side to her that began to emerge the more time she spent with "M". Livy was not going to be the type of girl that got walked all over by a man and I'm interested to see how her character develops as the story continues. 

"I'm sensible; I know a bad thing when I see it, 
and standing behind me is a man who could crush all logic." 

"M" really does stand for mystery in my eyes because that's just what he was. He was hot as hell but when it came to his personality, I just couldn't work him out. One minute he was dark and moody and the next he was sweet and loving. I couldn't help but wonder if he was bipolar! 

"Cuddling's my thing with you, Olivia Taylor. I just want to hold you. " 

"M"'s split personality fascinated me. Just like Livy, I became captivated by him and I was excited to know more about this mysterious man. 

"I can't read you,"
"I don't want to be read, Livy. I want to be flooded in the pleasure you give me."

When Livy and "M" met they were instantly attracted to each other, they felt a magnetic pull that was hard to ignore. "M", however could only promise one night. But will one night be enough to explore their desires? Can Livy just be the type of girl that can sleep with a guy and walk away after just twenty four hours? 

"You've knocked me sideways, Olivia Taylor. 
You're making me question everything I thought I knew." 

"One Night Promised" was brilliantly written from Livy's perspective and as such I felt like I truly got to know her character well. The story was engaging right from the start and I found myself devouring page after page hungry for more. But in my haste, I hadn't realized that the end of the book was in sight and as such I just I hadn't  prepared myself for a cliffhanger. To say I was shocked is an understatement. The end killed me!!! Be prepared to be blown away and make sure you have some wine near by to help you digest the ending. Book two cannot come quick enough!! 

Jodie has written what promises to be another addictive series and I cannot wait for more.

"One Night: Promised" gets 5 mysterious hearts from me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment