Thursday 3 July 2014

Review: Jennifer Probst's "Searching for Someday (Searching For #1)".

4.5 Hearts Review: Jennifer Probst's "Searching for Someday."

Amazon.com:      http://amzn.to/1nGUPPz
Amazon.co.uk:    http://amzn.to/1qy0vOn

Synopsis:

Kate has given up on love—at least for herself. She is both blessed and cursed with the ability to sense a romantic connection between two people—a gift that her family passed down for generations. When Kate launches her own matchmaking company, Kinnection, with her two best friends in a cozy New York town, she has to put aside her own romantic disasters to make her business a success.

But when a furious man stalks into her office and accuses her business of being a scam, Kate is given the ultimate challenge to prove herself. Slade puts himself in her hands and asks Kate to find him love. Enraged at his arrogance but stubbornly eager to prove herself, Kate agrees, dedicating herself to the journey of finding him love... only to find herself falling for him along the way.

Review-Jo 

I loved everything about this book. It was a sweet, funny and romantic read that had me hooked from the first page. I found myself reading every spare moment I had, it was that addictive! If you're looking for a deliciously romantic story,  this definitely  ticks all the boxes! 

"Searching for Someday" follows the story of Kate and Slade. Kate had a gift. A really cool gift of being able to match people with their Mr or Mrs Right. She was perfectly suited in her role as co-owner of dating company "Kinnection". The only problem was that she 'd been unable to find her own Mr Right. She longed for the day when she would finally meet her perfect match, hoping her gift would actually work for herself rather then just her clients. 

Slade was a successful Divorce Lawyer. He had an extremely cynical view of love and marriage. Apparently, it was all just a chemical reaction and love just wasn't real. But could he be proven wrong? 

The couple met when Slade challenged Kate to find him his soul mate, his Mrs Right although he was adamant it was impossible for him to fall in love. So was Kate up for the challenge? Hell yes, except the only problem was that Kate's gift was telling her that Slade just so happened to be the one! 

Kate realized her lifelong dream of meeting the man meant for her had just occurred. 
For more than four generations, the touch had bound male to female over 
and over without fail, confirming a true match of love slated to last with the right man. 
Until now. Because he was the wrong man.

I fell in love with the characters, Kate and Slade. Both were just so likable and I truly enjoyed getting to know them. Kate was so easy to love. She was sweet, kind and giving. She was a true romantic and dreamed of finding her own happy ever after. And Slade... well  he was hot!! I just loved how he wore his heart on his sleeve, not hiding his feelings for Kate. He was relentless in his pursuit of her, determined that he would get Kate to give in to her desires. It wasn't long before he was eating his own words about love! 

"I wasn't prepared for you, for what I felt. My entire life and career all I've known is not to 
get stuck in the endless cycle of broken relationships I see day in and day out. I thought I was smart and honest and real by denying them. But I was stupid and scared. I love you. I love you with everything I've got, and I'm not going away. This time, I'm going to fight for you." 

Kate and Slade were electrifying together. The chemistry between them was so strong that when they got down to the nookie...well lets just say that Kate was one lucky girl!! Talk about steamy!! 

"From the moment we met, I've been imagining your face when you come, 
my fingers inside you, my tongue in your mouth, my dick buried so tight in your 
heat we don't know where one of us ends and the other begins." 

There were times though, that the couple drove me a crazy. Kate and Slade were true soul-mates but they just seemed to take forever to realize it. Kate was so stubborn and just didn't want to give in to her true feelings. I could understand why but I just wanted her to give Slade a chance. Slade however was also being stubborn refusing to believe that he could commit to a long term relationship with Kate. 

"I'm not built for forever. At least, not with someone who thinks love is a fairy tale and 
we'll live happily ever after. You haven't seen the things that I have, 
the truth of what so-called love does to people. There is no forever!" 

OMG! This pair needed shaking!! I began to wonder if it was just too late for them to ever find their someone. 

I not only loved the main characters in this story but also the secondary characters too. I found Kate's mother hilarious and I enjoyed reading about the co-owners of Kinnection. I loved how they all supported each other through their ups and downs. They were all best friends and that really came through in the story.

Although this story is the first book in a series it can be read as a stand alone without having to read any of the other books.

Before I go I just have to say a few words about the epilogue. This an epilogue unlike anything I had ever read before. I was a little confused at first but I have to say it was a cute and funny way to end the story that left me with a huge smile on my face.
"Searching for Someday" gets 4.5 adorable hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment