Thursday 15 May 2014

Review: Ella Frank's "Veiled Innocence."

5 Hearts Review: Ella Frank's "Veiled Innocence."

Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/1mGb6Z2
Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/SEmSGl

Synopsis:

Tick, tick, tock.

Time.

That’s all I have now.

A small room, a photograph, and time.

They want me to trust them and confess my sins.

They told me they wouldn't judge me—they lied.

I thought we could convince the world that this wasn't a crime.

We were wrong.

Time doesn't stand still.

The clock keeps ticking, the world is unconvinced, and now…

Now he is gone.

Review: Kirsty Lander:

WOW! This book was INCREDIBLE!

I am always sceptical when I start a book that I know little to nothing about. The blurb for this book is not detailed in the slightest so I was nervous. Within the first two chapters I instantly knew I would love it. I'm not sure what this says about me (LOL) but I do love a teacher/student romance book so as soon as I learnt this was that type of book, I was thrilled. 

"I looked at her - she looked at me. My ending, staring right at me from the very beginning."

I don't have a clue where to start summing this book up. One thing I can say though, is Ella Frank has got some incredible writing talent. I really fell for her work when I read Blind Obsession, and that only intensified when reading this book. Her stories are captivating, interesting and.. HAWT. 

"I'll teach you how to come with a man inside you. Not a boy, Addison, a man."

I know I should find a teacher/student romance scenario all kinds of wrong, but it just didn't. Addison is 18 years old, Grayson is 32 and had he not been her teacher, the world wouldn't think of it as half as bad. I couldn't help rooting from them from beginning to end. I loved Addison's character, which is odd for me. Usually 18 year olds in a book drive me mad and make me want to strangle them, but not here. I genuinely felt so bad for her, because of the hell life she had been living, and I wanted her to find her happy, even though that meant it was with Grayson, her teacher. 

As for Grayson, I loved his character just as much. I particularly loved that Ella wrote his character in such a way that showed he struggled so much regarding his eventual relationship with Addison. It can be difficult to get this story just right, nobody wants to see a teacher jump right in to such a situation, so I was pleased that Ella showed his internal struggles. It was never an easy and quick decision for Grayson to make, but with Addison constantly pursuing him, how could he say no?

"Temptation had come to visit, and her steely determination would likely destroy us both.”

The book is written in both the past and the present, which I loved. The actual relationship is the past, I won't spill the beans on what the present is, but I loved the unraveling. I was confused when I read the prologue, but throughout the 'present' chapters, everything started to make sense and I ended up loving the way in which the story was told. Like I said, Ella Frank is an exceptional writer and this book just goes to show that. I rated "Veiled Innocence" 5 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment