Saturday 22 March 2014

Review: Rachel Van Dyken's "Fearless (Ruin #2.5)".

 Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1kTk5Ek
 Amazon.co.uk:  http://amzn.to/1kTkdnl

Synopsis:

When I met Kiersten, time stood still. It was as if every cell in my body screamed HER. I couldn't look away, I couldn't walk away, I couldn't even move. My other half, my soul mate, was staring right at me. I had to have her. I had to make her mine. But I felt selfish doing that--knowing that I may not have endless amounts of time to give her...and even now that every things' over with and I've been given that time back. 

Nothing is ever certain in this life. 

Which is why I'm about to do something crazy, impulsive, daring. 
After all, what type of person would I be if I didn't take my own advice?
I'm jumping off the cliff, I'm living fearlessly.

This is the continuation of Wes and Kiersten's story.

My Review-Jo Rushton 

"Fearless" was a beautiful, heat warming novella that gave us the next chapter in Wes and Kiersten,'s story. I fell in love with this couple at the start of this series and couldn't wait to see what was in store for them:

"He'd given me his heart a long time ago-and now I was giving it back, 
not because I didn't want it. But because I wanted to share it with him. Forever. "  


Wes and Kiersten had already been through so much together, more then most couple's go through in a lifetime but the journey they had traveled had made their relationship stronger and had created a bond that was unbreakable. They were true soul mates. The obstacles they'd overcome to be together had taught them one thing: live for today because tomorrow was never a given and so that's what they intended to do. 

"I've spent my entire life being patient, Kiersten. I've spent my life waiting. Waiting to live, 
waiting to die, waiting to hear good news, waiting to hear bad news. And for once, I really, 
really, want to be selfish and screw the whole waiting process."


The majority of this novella  was told from either Wes or Kiersten's POV but I also got hear from Lisa. A few of the chapters were told from her perspective and I got to know a little bit more about her character and her past. This is one story I'm really looking forward to reading and will be the third book in the series entitled "Shame". Lisa is the only one who is yet to find her happy ever after and I'm hoping  she gets one too! 

Rachel Van Dyken sure can write a good love story. "Fearless" was romantic, sweet and made me giddy. It was filled with beautiful words that had me swooning at every page that I read.

"I can't explain. I wish I could. I wish there were words I could use, really big words, 
pretty words, words words that would make you swoon and cry all at once. 
But all I have is this...I am yours and you are mine."

I loved everything about this novella. It made my heart melt into a big puddle on the floor. If you have read "Ruin" and "Toxic" then this one is a must, if you haven't read "Ruin" then what the hell are you waiting for? Get clicking!! "Fearless" gets 4.5 dreamy hearts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment