Friday 7 February 2014

Review: Lili St. Germain's "Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers # 1)."

~ 5 Hearts Review ~

Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/1bjo3jW
Amazon UK:  http://amzn.to/1n5rkWm

Synopsis:

My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect.
Including my innocence.

When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old.

Before my father died, Dornan Ross and his seven sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer.

I’ve just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge. 

But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club. 

I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it. 

Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death? 


Review: Surj Harvey 

Wow..this was one dark, twisted fuck of a read that came just at the right time as I was falling deeper and deeper into a book funk. Although a short read (as in it took less than a couple of hours to finish), I couldn't put "Seven Sons" down. It was captivating, thrilling, it was harrowing, it was ugly. If you're looking for a love story.. well you won't find it here. Nope, this is a story about PAYBACK.. pure and simple. It's about the great lengths one woman will go to to exact revenge on those who not only murdered her father but who put her through the most horrific, brutal experience of her life and got away with it... or so they thought. Love... isn't a luxury Juliette can afford to have... she's focused on the road that lies ahead and you know that saying... a woman scorned.... trust me when I say it doesn't even come close to what's going on in her head.

... they don’t realize their judge, jury and executioner stand before them, 
painted in roses and ink…. ‘That feels so good," I moan, and he smirks 
because he thinks he is fucking me, when I am the one fucking him.



The plot for "Seven Sons" was gripping from the off and Juliette... well I couldn't help but have a huge amount of respect for her and for the courage she showed. There was nothing this woman wouldn't do in order to achieve her end goal... she swallowed her pride and she left the girl she'd once been at the door. Her inner monologue showed what she was truly feeling and couple that with the flashbacks she experienced ... well let's just say it hurt like a bitch to read. It was uncomfortable, it was tragic, but in a twisted kind of way, it made me proud of the woman she'd become and the plan she had masterminded to bring the culprits to their knees.
"What do you want from me?" he asks quietly.

I want to make you suffer. "I want you to make me a star," I say sweetly. 
I want to bury you alive, you murdering fucking asshole. 


So was there any love interest? Kind of. Jase (holly mother in heaven this guy all kinds of hotness) was one possibility but nothing happened as such. A connection was definitely formed and it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. And then of course Elliot... the man who saved her from a fate worse than death all those years ago but who couldn't save the woman within. Two men... one girl..... Jase or Elliot..... Elliot or Jase... mmmm tough call!!!!


I was broken, destroyed, and although he tried, Elliot couldn't put me back together again. 

There were so many characters in "Seven Sons" that made my blood boil but the one I would quite happily shoot in the knee caps was Dornan Ross... he was the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC .... the instigator of the events that unfolded. He was the reason Juliette was the way she was and I wanted to see him pay... pay for the girl he broke back then and the woman she was forced to become. As for the rest of them... his sons... the sick bastards deserved to rot in hell. 



Confusius said, "Before embarking upon a journey of revenge, dig two graves." 
I planned to dig seven.

The surprise for me came when I was introduced to Juliette's mother. I can't even begin to express my thoughts on this woman who put put her next fix before her pleading daughter!!! It made me sick to my stomach. 


Despite being a short story, I have to say, not once did I feel that there was too much crammed in, or that the pace was too fast or that the story line was rushed. I'm not sure how Lili St. Germain did it but she did it to perfection.


All in all, "Seven Sons" was an amazing read. It was action packed and full of drama that definitely made for edge of your seat reading!!! The writing, the words, the characters drew me in like a moth to a flame and I was hooked. I'm 100% invested in this series now and I need my next fix... but who will be next in Juliette's firing line? What lengths will she go to and what sacrifices will she make to ensure she reaches her end goal? I'm already on it Lili.... my head a swirl of potential plot lines for how it will all unfold!!!! Yup I go a little crazy, usually reading way to much into things!!! lol 


I'm not finished yet.
There are still so many things I have to do. 

A well deserved 5 Hearts... more if I could and thank you Lili for getting me out of my book funk!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment