Friday 27 December 2013

Review: Jodi Ellen Malpas "This Man Confessed (This Man Trilogy)"

@JodiEllenMalpas  @KirstyLBooks
Review: Jodi Ellen Malpas' "This Man Confessed."

~ 5 Hearts Review ~

Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/18etSMF
Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/17draWo

Synopsis:

THE STUNNING CONCLUSION TO THE THIS MAN TRILOGY!

The Manor, the very place where their passionate love affair began, fills with guests on what should be the happiest day of Ava and Jesse's lives. She has accepted that she'll never tame the fierceness in Jesse-and she doesn't want to. Their love is profound, their connection powerful, but just when she thinks that she's finally gotten beneath his guarded exterior, more questions arise, leading Ava to believe that Jesse Ward may not be the man she thinks he is. He knows too well how to take her to a place beyond ecstasy . . . but will he also drive her to the brink of despair? It's time for this man to confess.

Review: Kirsty Lander

I know The Lord doesn't like to share but I'm afraid he's going to have to share the #1 spot on my book boyfriend list. It's too close to call but him and Christian are it for me.. I think everybody else should stop trying to compete:
"My beautiful girl.
My defiant temptress.
My lady.
My angel.
My Ava."

I started reading This Man Confessed just before midnight.. by the time it reached 2am I knew I had to reluctantly call it a night. I didn't want to but I knew I'd be a cranky bitch the next day if I didn't. Usually a book of this size would take me an age to read. Oh no, not this time. I devoured it. I literally could not put it down. And that isn't just down to the story itself, it's the way in which Jodi tells it. Her writing is all my favourite things rolled in to one.. deep, meaningful, emotional, gritty but full of humour too. I can't even tell you the amount of times I found myself chuckling along at something Jesse or Ava had said or done. 


"You keep my heart beating, baby. And it will only ever beat for you. Understand?"

And it wasn't just Ava and Jesse I loved. All of the characters were important and interesting in their own right and I was just as excited to see how Jesse's housekeeper, Cathy's, story would end, as much as their own. It is very rare when all of the secondary characters make as much of an impact in the story as the main ones. 

As for the story itself, I could not name one complaint if I tried. There was, once again, not one dull moment and I couldn't have guessed the events that unfolded if you had paid me a million pound. There was shock after shock and Jodi really does have you guessing what's going to happen, right until the end. And what an incredible ending it was. The epilogue was one of the best I've ever read.. no doubt about it. It had me swooning, smiling and wiping a tear or two. It was perfect. 


"He used to cripple me with just his touch. Now he cripples me with his touch and his words. 
I'm destined for a life of devastating pleasure, melting tenderness, and heart stopping emotion. 
He's going to incapacitate me at every turn."

I am a little lot sad that this series is over and still so mad at myself for taking so long to experience if. If you are reading this and haven't read the series yet, PLEASE do not wait any longer like I did. Towards the end I was trying to remember when I had felt so sad about a series ending, and when I last truly felt that I'd miss the characters and the only example I could come up with was when I read Fifty Shades. This series had that same crazy effect on me. 

*Goes off to mourn the loss of Jesse from my life.. I'm gonna miss ya*
I rated "This Man Confessed" 5 Amazing Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment