Monday 21 October 2013

Review: Colleen Hoover's "Finding Cinderella."


@KirstyLBooks    @colleenhoover
Review: Colleen Hoover's "Finding Cinderella."

Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/19UmsvC
Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1a00rBr

Goodreads:        http://bit.ly/18zxXvc

Synopsis:

This novella is a companion novel to the Hopeless series, but can be read as a standalone. 

A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.

Review: Kirsty Lander:

That was without a doubt the BEST novella I have read.

I don't know how the hell Colleen Hoover does it but every single freaking book she writes, I love. Whether it be about Will and Lake, Sky and Holder or now Daniel and Six, they are all incredible and equally as good as each other. When I started Finding Cinderella all I could think was I don't really care that much for Daniel and Six, plus it's so short.. how am I going to love this? PAH. How wrong was I to think such a way? 

I've said it already, but I have to say it again.. how does Collen do it?! I fell head over heels in love with this story, Daniel, Six and even Sky and Holder all over again. Somehow this extremely short book is jam packed full of emotion. I smiled, laughed, cried and maybe even wanted to hit someone a time or two. Even the crazy angst towards the end had me literally on the edge of my seat. Plot lines that I did not see coming at all had me shocked like crazy. Everything about this book was.. incredible.

"I’ve never believed in anything like I believe in the possibility of the two of us.”

My only complaint? That it wasn't freaking longer! I could read about these two for way, way longer. I hope Colleen never stops writing because I think she is a genius and I will very happily read anything that she writes. She is one of the very few authors who I will one-click without even reading the blurb. Her talent is unlike anything else out there.
I rated "Finding Cinderella" 5 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment