Sunday 15 September 2013

Review: K.I. Lynn's "Infraction (Breach # 2)."

@KirstyLBooks  @KI_Lynn_
Review: K.I Lynn's "Infraction."

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/18U69As
Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/13SKzg3

Synopsis:

The exciting continuation of Breach!

Waking up in the hospital after a terrible car crash, Lila has a long road of recovery ahead of her. More than just her body, she must recover her heart after an altering declaration by Nathan.

With all that happened between them she must chose to forgive him and take him back, or sever all ties. Nathan has a hard road ahead of him to earn back her trust, and doing so will open her up to the possibility of being hurt again. A possibility Lila doesn’t think she can survive.

The secrets Nathan keeps buried, hidden from the world, of the life he used to lead are revealed. They tell the horror of what caused the scars on his body, mind, and heart.

Can Lila and Nathan push through all of the obstacles in front of them? Will the journey be their healing, or their destruction?

Review: Kirsty Lander

This sequel was.. just.. exactly what I hoped.

After the awful ending that Breach left us with I was dying to get my hands on this one. I needed to know what happened in Nathan's past to have him pushing Lila away and I needed to see Lila better after the accident and eventually forgiving Nathan for leaving her so that they can both move forward.. together.

As was the case with the previous book in the series, the writing in Infraction was brilliant. K.I. Lynn keeps you glued to your kindle from beginning to end, always on the edge of your seat wondering where the story will take you next. I had my thoughts as to what Nathan's background story was and I was so pleased to find out I was right (I may have done a little happy dance on the inside). 

I fell in love with Nathan even more in this book and so it pained me to see Lila constantly giving him such a hard time. I lost count the amount of times I wanted to scream at Lila to just listen and believe in Nathan. As a reader, I could see how broken Nathan was over his past and how his actions (when pushing Lila away) 100% stemmed from that. I do understand though, that Lila's inability to believe in herself and the worthlessness that she feels is down to her childhood and the awful way in which she was treated. I did get it but I was so damn frustrated with her, I wanted her to forgive just a little sooner. She was being so difficult for so long that I started to dislike her. 

"I'm yours. All that I am, if you want it. I'm not much, but I know I can be so much more with you."

I had a few dislikes in the first one and they unfortunately carried on through this one too. This is just me personally, it is part of the series and something I think I'm going to have to get used to.. but I just can't. I absolutely loathe Nathan's dirty talk. "Fuck, I've missed this tight little snatch. My dirty girl is so wet for me." No, no, NO. I know it's meant to be sexy and hot but my god, it makes me want to punch him in his face. And one final thing, which is really nothing really is Nathan calling Lila 'Honeybear'. I. Do. Not. Get. It. It seems so out of his character and not fitting for Lila.. IDK, it makes me cringe slightly. 

I am also happy to say that we end this book with no cliffhanger whatsoever. Lila and Nathan are in a really good, happy place relationship wise and I am looking forward to seeing where the rest of the story goes in Reciprocity. With the little snippet provided at the end of Infraction, I know we are going to be in for a bumpy ride. I believe Nathan and Lila can withstand it though. ♥

"You are my best friend, my lover, my soul mate, the love of my life, savior, 
my naughty girl, and my sweet Honeybear."

I rated "Infraction (Breach #2) 4 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment