Saturday 31 August 2013

Review: Karina Halle's "Shooting Scars."

@MetalBlonde   @KirstyLBooks
Review: Karina Halle's "Shooting Scars."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/17e0G6O
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/13QbKtT

Synopsis:

Sometimes the right choice can be the deadliest.

When Ellie Watt made the ultimate sacrifice for Camden McQueen, she never thought it would be easy. But walking away with her ex-lover, Javier Bernal, in order to ensure Camden’s safety has brought a whole new set of dangers. With Javier’s plans for Ellie growing more secretive by the moment, Ellie must find a way to stay ahead of the game before her past swallows her whole.

Meanwhile, Camden’s new life is short-lived. Fueled by revenge and pursued by authorities, he teams up with an unlikely partner in order to save Ellie. But as Camden toes the line between love and retribution, he realizes that in order to get back the woman he loves, he may have to lose himself in the process. He might just turn into the very man he’s hunting.

Told in dual POV from Camden and Ellie.

Review: Kirsty Lander

I am very pleased to say that, after much deliberation, a little of side changing, I am still very much a part of..
description

Oh yes I am. :)

Honestly, after reading Sins Needles I was all for Camden, I didn't think there was anything that could change my mind. And then I read On Every Street, got to know Javier and finally got it. I got Javier's appeal and his charm and I admit, I fell for him too. I WAS SO CONFUSED. But, ultimately, I was still very much a part of Team Camden. So anywhoo.. going in to Shooting Scars I was sure nothing could make me love Javier. After all (view spoiler). But, well.. I did, I fell for him again. The majority of the book is spent with Javier and Ellie together and he just has all the right words and moves.. it's hard not to fall for his charm. I can say, without a doubt, that no book has ever had me so confused over two guys before. But, as usual, Javier turned out to be the asshole we all knew he was, and I have to root for Camden. I just have to.

description

Once again Karina's writing is out of this world, just like I knew it would be. Anything she seems to write (admittedly, I have only read 4 of her books at this point but they have all been 5 stars..) grips me from start to finish and I am so completely and utterly in to it. This one picks up right where Sins Needles left off and we are thrown back in to the world of Ellie.. only this time, she's being held prisoner (yup, I'm using the prisoner word) by Javier. He has a big master plan to get revenge on Travis and he enlists the help of Ellie, whether she wants it or not.

All the while Camden is left to fend for himself. He is momentarily back with his son and ex wife, but for how long? To be honest, I have zero interest in that part of the story so the sooner he was screwed over by them, the happier I was going to be. 

"She took a piece of me that I was unable to get back until I was inside her, 
feeling her heart and her sins in my hands."

I loved that this book was in dual POV. I've said it before about different series and I'll say it again, when I am so in love with a character (yes, Camden I'm talking about you, and I apologise for ever doubting you), I find it an absolute privilege to get inside their head. The fact that Ellie and Camden were so apart from each other in this book, made the dual POV necessary IMO and Karina had it flowing flawlessly. Some of these scenes really made my heart hurt for Camden and I can admit to wanting to throttle Ellie a time or two. But I couldn't solely blame her for her actions.

description

I don't know where the series is going to go from here but I know for a fact that I can not wait. Whether Ellie ends up with Camden or Javier, I know for a fact that I just want Ellie to be free and happy. She has lived such an awful life. More often than not having to live as somebody else, having to duck and dive, and all thanks to the asshole that is Travis. As much as I'm Team Camden, I am also Team Ellie. Although this series is so much more than a romance, I want Ellie to find her happily ever after and live a peaceful, normal life. So, I hope Bold Tricks gives her that, I know I can't wait to find out.
description

*All of the graphics used in this review came from Karina Halle's FB page. I can take no credit whatsoever!* 
I rated "Shooting Scars" 5 Hearts

1 comment: