Monday 1 July 2013

Review: Katy Evans "Real."

@authorkatyevans
5 Star Review of Katy Evans "Real."

Synopsis:

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents .
But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

Review By Surj :

When I announced on the blog that I would be reading Katy Evans "Real" the comments our followers posted made me want to read this book even more:

Caroline: I love Remy. Total alpha. Scenting has never been so sexy.

Jo: Omg, you'll love it.

Katy Evans I loved it. In fact I could say "loved it" a thousand times over and it probably wouldn't come close to how I feel about this book. From the moment Remington "Riptide" Tate stepped into the ring, I was hooked. I handed my heart (and other parts of my anatomy) over to him on a platter
and nothing and no one was going to tear me away until he was done with me:

“Your name,” he growls, panting, his eyes wild on mine.
“It’s Brooke Dumas,” she says, and then she happily shoots out my cell phone number.
To my chagrin.
His lips curl and he meets my gaze. “Brooke Dumas.”
He just fucked my name right in front of me.

See, how could you not fall for a man who "fucks your name" just by saying it?

 From the first chapter, I felt a nervous anticipation which left me with a constant flurry of butterflies in my belly and as I progressed through the book, this feeling just intensified. My connection with the characters was so strong that I felt like I went through every single emotion they experienced (and trust me there were a few) but I wouldn't change it for the world.

The chemistry between the two main characters (Brooke and Remy) was off the charts leaving me in a huge puddle of mess. There was so much between them left unsaid but but the sexual tension was there by the bucket loads:


"My legs wobble and I'm left with the distinct impression this man
wants to pound me next. With his cock."


There are so many lines just like this that left me with a raised pulse rate because I was so desperate for  them to "get it on!!!" There were so many moments where they almost did... almost and then poof.... it was gone leaving me more frustrated that the characters. I was starting to understand why Remy needed so many cold showers. And that whole "scenting" thing... holy cow that was hot:

My sex pulses when he inhales me, and he keeps scenting me as he rubs he cock along my ...

The music connection in "Real" added something special to Remy and Brooke's story. Despite the lack of communication when it came to expressing how they felt about one another, their choice of music seemed to speak volumes:

And I'd give up forever to touch you... Cause I know that you feel me somehow...
You're the closest to heaven that I've ever been and I don't want to go home right now....

Brooke's character was one that I definitely related the most to. Some may say she was weak when it came to Remy but in the real world, when you fall for someone, it doesn't matter what they do, sometimes you've just got to go with your gut and that's exactly what she did:

I love him. He’s not just a star, he’s the whole fucking sky to me.
He’s the sun and every planet in this galaxy.

 But I did see strength in her character, especially when it came to what she felt was right and wrong and she make sure her voice was heard. Sometimes these decisions were right and other times they were wrong but it showed she wasn't a door mat and  she was willing to speak up for what she believed.

And Remy... he was the mother of all alphas, primal even but I loved it. Despite the mystery surrounding his character and the intensity he bought to the story, I could help but fall for those blue eyes. He was a man that would go to extremes to protect the woman he loved and to make her happy and all he wanted in return was to be loved unconditionally, through the good and the bad:

I’m every woman’s adventure, damn you, and I don’t want to be yours.
I want to be your fucking REAL. You get that? If I fuck you, I want you to belong to me.
To be mine. I want you to give yourself to me—not Riptide!”

Holy smokes I think he just gave me an orgasm!!!

I loved the extended family this book gave me, from Pete to Riley and especially Melanie who definitely bought some much needed humour to the book. She was hilarious and put her and Brooke together, they had me in stitches.

There were so many things about "Real" that kept me reading, the main characters for sure, the sexual tension and intensity most definitely but the story behind Remington Tate was the clincher. I just knew there was something about this man, especially with all the whispers, the secret conversations, the behaviour .... I was drawn in and I just had to know what he was all about. Why did he want to be so close to Brooke yet was so unwilling to have a physical relationship with her? 

This book was so well written and  full of emotion, description and inner thoughts which allowed me to ride the wave with the characters. The story was told from Brooke's POV with an epilogue from Remy's perspective which made my day.
There were definitely a few unexpected twists that left my heart broken and a few moments that infuriated me but that didn't change how I felt about  the story or the characters.

I rated this book 5 Hearts and I can't wait for the rest of the series which is called "Real, Raw and Ripped." 

Believe it or not, there are five books on the way:

Book #1: Real Remy and Brooke's story

Book #2: Mine  The sequel to Real (22nd October 2013)

Book #3: Remy Real from Remy's POV (25th November 2013)

Book #4: Raw   Melanie's story (31st December 2013)

Book #5: Ripped  (18th March 2013)




No comments:

Post a Comment