Tuesday 18 June 2013

Review: Abbi Glines "Forever Too Far."

"When you find your reason for living, hold on to it. Never let it go. Even if it means burning other bridges along the way." Rush Finlay

Synopsis:
 
Rush promised her forever... but promises can be broken.
Torn between his love for his family and his love for Blaire, Rush has to find a way to save one without losing the other. In the end one has to be more important. Letting go isn’t easy.
Blaire believed in her fairytale... but no one can live in a fantasy.
Her love for Rush and desire to have a family keep her believing that they can find a way for this to work. Until she has to make the right decision for her and the baby. Even if it breaks her heart.
Can they find the forever that they both want or has it all just gone... too far?

My Review: Surj:

Wow, Abbi Glines ... a perfect end to a perfect story. I loved the "Too Far" series. Blaire and Rush's story had me and millions of others hooked. We were desperate for their final book because we really wanted to make sure they got their "Happily Ever After."

"Forever Too Far" started with the extra chapter Abbi had spoilt us with just after "Never Too Far" was released." Rush's dad decided to make an appearance and visit his son. We were left on the edge of our seats because no one knew why he was there. Had Georgianna spoken to him? Did he know about Blaire and the baby? Yup, millions of thoughts went through my head and I finally got my answers.

As much as this was about the next step in Blaire and Rush's relationship, I found that much of the book revolved around Nan. Her character was still a pain in the ass and she was still acting like the complete bitch she'd always been:

You listen to me you little bitch. No matter what you think you have, you don't.
 I'm his sister. I'm his blood. He will always choose me if it comes down to it.

She drove me nuts. There were so many times I felt like saying "Just grow up!!!!" I know her issues were mainly because of the lack of love she had received from her father but by god she tested my patience at times. She even tested Blaire and Blaire was as chilled and calm as they came:

"That's childish and insecure to think that way. Rush is here because he loves you
and wants to help you. Don't slap him in the face by treating me this way."

Abbi Glines  also introduced us to a number of new characters. We met Rush's father Dean, Nan's father Kiro, Nan's half sister Harlow and Blaire's half brother Captain. We were also given chapters from Grant's POV and also one from Harlow's POV. I wonder who'll be getting their own books next??? lol.

I loved that Abbi Glines linked  "Twisted Perfection" into this book. I knew there was an overlap and am so glad I read Woods and Della's story before starting this one. The linking was perfect and the scenes slotted in smoothly. We even got a little extra in terms of Della and Woods which I'm sure we'll be seeing in "Simple Perfection." It looks like Angelina isn't going anywhere any time soon (another bitch in the making!!!!) but you always need one to bring the drama:

You took what was mine. He chose you. Fine. He can have your skanky crazy ass.
But first you're gonna pay fro taking what was mine."

Blaire remained herself. Kind, caring and selfless. She was completely devoted to Rush and would do anything to support him, even if that meant going with him to sort Nan's mess out. I did see a side to her however that unfortunately irritated me a little. She went to great lengths to ensure Rush was happy. Unfortunately that meant doing things like removing Woods number from her phone because it might upset him and not hugging Cain because it might hurt him .... just a little too much for me. On the plus side, that feisty side to Blaire we had seen on a few occasions was still there as was the gun!!! lol:

Listen, bitch. If I wanted to I could pierce both your ears from here and not
mess your fucking hair up. Go ahead, test me." 

I loved that scene. One of my favourites. She was hilarious and I loved the way Grant said:

"So Alabama pulled her gun out again."

So what about Rush. Well he was most definitely a changed man. Everything he did was about Blaire and the baby. I guess I missed his edginess a little... his unpredictability. He was all grown up and responsible now. Blaire was his life:

"The woman I got pregnant happens to be my heart. I'll marry her and spend
the rest of my life doing everything I can to make her smile."

Rush had gone all sweet on me. Initially I couldn't get used to it but then when it got to that special moment (for those of you who have read the book, you know which bit I mean), he turned me into a puddle of goo. My heart just melted . All those little touches that made everything special... wow. Rush Finlay took my breath away.

I definitely saw the alpha male, over protective side to Rush in "Forever Too Far" ... more so than in any of the previous two books. God help anyone who looked at Blaire inappropriately, said the wrong thing, did the wrong thing to upset her. This woman meant everything to him:

"You're a little caveman possessive over her aren't you? Didn't get that from your old man."

But do you know what? Every now and again he still slipped up, not thinking about his actions and putting Nan first. (See, that god awful woman again):

Rush was fine. He had his phone. He was just choosing not to respond to me.
Once again I was faced with the brutal truth that Nan was more important.


The first two books in the "Too Far" series had my emotions doing all sorts. The story lines had me gripped and I read them both in one sitting. There were moments of heart break, scenes that left me crushed for the characters, times where I was begging for the characters to do or say something to change the events that were starting to unfold. Unfortunately I didn't feel I got the same with this book. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it but I didn't get those "my heart is hurting" moments with this one. The angst levels not the same as the others (and I just lurve my angst!!!). Maybe it was because I knew it would end well being the last book and all. I don't know. But I still got everything else I've learnt to expect from an Abbi Glines Book including the hot sex. This woman knows how to write a scorcher!!! And there was still plenty of drama and of course the romance. I also got an insight into future story lines (well I'm hoping anyway): especially with Grant, Harlow and not forgetting the incident with Della and Woods.

All in all, I've loved reading Blaire and Rush Finlays story. I've loved riding their rollercoaster with them but I do think it's time for them to be left to enjoy married and family life. I can't wait to read "Simple Perfection" and I'm desperate for Grant's story now too.
I rated this book 4 Hearts
Check out my reviews for "Fallen Too Far" and "Never Too Far" by clicking on their book covers.

    




No comments:

Post a Comment