Wednesday 19 June 2013

Jamie McGuire UK Interview!!!


                 
                                            
     
Jamie McGuire came to London 2 weeks ago and I lucky enough to meet and interview her at the book signing she did at Kingscross Train Station. Jamie was just so lovely and was happy to answer a few questions for me:

Surj: Hi Jamie. I hope you’re enjoying your stay here in London. I believe you’ve just had high tea at the Ritz!!!!

Jamie: I’m having a great time thank you and it’s so nice having the family with me too. Tea at the Ritz was amazing.

Surj: And might I say you and your daughter look absolutely stunning.

Jamie: Thank you so much. We managed to sneak in some shopping this morning.
Surj: Well I won’t hold you up too long. I know you want to have your photo taken at the “Harry Potter 9 ¾ platform” straight after this (luckily this was right next to where Jamie was doing her book signing!!!)

 In terms of your books, you’ve written both paranormal and New Adult, which do you prefer?

Jamie: Oh gosh that’s tough. I would say probably paranormal. You can get away with more in paranormal but then there are so many things I like about New Adult too. I’m lucky because my paranormal was kinda  New Adult because it was set in college.

Team Travis or Team Jared?

Jamie: Oh that’s a difficult one. No comment!!!! Lol

Surj: You can’t sit on the fence. You have to pick one.

Jamie: I can’t choose. That would be like picking one of your children!!! I just can’t do that (laughing)

Nina Grey or Abby Abernathy

Jamie: I’m going to say Abby.

Travis or Jared?

Jamie laughs and gives me that look that says I’m so not going to pick one of my boys over the other.


Two  words to describe Travis:

Jamie: Loud Bad ass

Two words to describe Jared:

Jamie: Romantic Gorgeous


Surj: I think I can guess which team you might go for now!!!

Jamie: Nope. Still not picking (laughs)

Walking Disaster or beautiful disaster (As the writer)

Jamie: Oh my god. Laughs to her publicist and says “You should have pre approved these questions.... these are tough.

Publicist (Kat): I did (laughs)


Jamie: Beautiful Disaster. Even though “Walking Disaster” was more fun to write, I wrote “Beautiful Disaster” before I thought anyone would read it so it was a much more freeing experience.

Walking Disaster or Beautiful Disaster (As a Reader):

Jamie: Ummm....Beautiful Disaster. Honestly, I liked the mystery of not knowing what exactly what was going through Abby’s mind in Beautiful Disaster until it happened.

Favourite scene from Walking Disaster:

Jamie: When Shepley and America get into a fight:

Shepley's mouth popped open, unamused. "Get in the fucking car. You're a mean drunk."
America laughed. "You haven't seen me mean, mama's boy!"
"I told you we're close!"
"Yeah so are me and my asshole! Doesn't mean I'm going to call it twice a day!"
"You're a bitch!"

Surj: I loved that scene. It had me in stitches.

Favourite scene from Beautiful Disaster:

Jamie: The Toast scene:

Travis staggers backward, the hurt plainly displayed in his eyes. "A toast!" he yelled.
"To douchebags!" he said, gesturing to Brad.
"And to girls that break your heart," he bowed his head to me. His eyes lost focus.
"And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her." 
Who’s your favourite book boyfriend? (Not including your own characters)
Edward Cullen

What's the last book you read?


Wool by Hugh Howey

What was the last piece of music you  downloaded?
Jamie: Clarity by Zedd

(Here's a link to the Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxstCcJlsc )

Who would be your Ideal "Travis?"

Jamie: The guy who Travis is based off of.

Surj: Who would you like to have play him in the movie?

Jamie: I don’t know if there’s anyone out there that could play him. I mean they would have to be a tremendous actor. They would have to be sensitive, and ... I mean Travis is both sweet, and kind and considerate and sensitive  but he’s also a little scary at times. And so someone would have to be to be an amazing actor to play both of those sides really well.

So what’s next for Jamie McGuire?

Jamie: Well I’m gonna go eat (Laughs). Just kidding.
I’ve just finished “Red Hill” so that will come out in October (to find out more about this book, click on the link which will take you directly to Jamie's website:

 And then... well currently I’m working on a super secret project and that will come out close to Christmas.

Surj: Wow. I’m intrigued. I don’t suppose you’ll say anymore about the secret project?

Jamie: Nope. These lips are sealed.

Will we be getting hardback copies of “Walking Disaster” any time soon. I have my signed copy of “Beautiful Disaster” tucked away and it needs company.

Jamie: Yes. I’ve just had confirmation that the hardback will be available soon.

Surj: and will you be doing limited edition signed copies again?

Jamie: Yes definitely. Although I remember when I was pregnant, I was close to tears trying to sign 5000 copies!!!! I remember saying to my husband “I can’t do this anymore.... it’s terrible!!!” (laughs)

Surj: Thank you so much for your time Jamie and thank you for bringing the sunshine to the UK. It seems to have followed you here which is great.  Have an amazing time in London and in Paris. Thank you again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment