Tuesday 9 April 2019

Review: Helena Hunting's "Meet Cute."


Synopsis:

Talk about an embarrassing introduction. On her first day of law school, Kailyn ran - quite literally - into the actor she crushed on as a teenager, ending with him sprawled on top of her. Mortified to discover the Daxton Hughes was also a student in her class, her embarrassment over their meet-cute quickly turned into a friendship she never expected. Of course, she never saw his betrayal coming either...

Now, eight years later, Dax is in her office asking for legal advice. Despite her anger, Kailyn can't help feeling sorry for the devastated man who just became sole guardian to his thirteen-year-old sister. But when her boss gets wind of Kailyn's new celebrity client, there's even more at stake than Dax's custody issues: if she gets Dax to work at their firm, she'll be promoted to partner.

The more time Kailyn spends with Dax and his sister, the more she starts to feel like a family, and the more she realizes the chemistry they had all those years ago is as fresh as ever. But will they be able to forgive the mistakes of the past, or will one betrayal lead to another?

Review: Jo 

Wow! This book was not at all what I was expecting. When I first saw the cover for “Meet Cute”, I anticipated a sweet and fun romance that would make me swoon, but as the saying goes, this was a book that I should not have judged by the cover. Whilst this novel was sweet and fun, It also turned out to both emotional and heartwarming. I loved everything about it. From the first word to the last.

"If it wasn't already clear, I think you're gorgeous exactly the way you are." 

I absolutely loved the main three characters involved in this novel. I enjoyed getting to know Kailyn and Dax, discovering how the couple first met and learning all about their history together. Kailyn was the most loveliest of heroines and Dax was a beautiful surprise. A man that was once a child star, but now had his life irrevocably changed. I had a lot of respect and admiration for the way he handled the situation he was in. And I can’t forget Emme, who brought a lot of joy and fun to the story, yet at the same time my heart did hurt for her throughout many times during the course of the story.

"...you make the difficult days easier." 

I adored watching the relationship grow and develop between these characters. I loved how quickly they all seemed to gel to form a little family, to support and love one another when love was needed the most. During the progression of this story, there were moments that caused me pain and also made my heart race. During The final few chapters the book was simply unputdownable. I was consumed with what was happening, desperate to know more. Out of a heartbreaking situation emerged something that was truly perfect. You really have to have a heart of stone to not be effected by this captivating and romantic tale. 

"Sometimes the darkest tragedies bring us the brightest lights. 
I'm lucky enough to have found not one, but two." 

"Meet Cute" is most definitely one of my favourites from Helena Hunting. It’s needless to say that it gets a big ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment