Wednesday 24 April 2019

Review: E L James's "The Mister."


Synopsis: 

London, 2019. Life has been easy for Maxim Trevelyan. With his good looks, aristocratic connections, and money, he’s never had to work and he’s rarely slept alone. But all that changes when tragedy strikes and Maxim inherits his family’s noble title, wealth, and estates, and all the responsibility that entails. It’s a role he’s not prepared for and one that he struggles to face.

But his biggest challenge is fighting his desire for an unexpected, enigmatic young woman who’s recently arrived in England, possessing little more than a dangerous and troublesome past. Reticent, beautiful, and musically gifted, she’s an alluring mystery, and Maxim’s longing for her deepens into a passion that he’s never experienced and dares not name. Just who is Alessia Demachi? Can Maxim protect her from the malevolence that threatens her? And what will she do when she learns that he’s been hiding secrets of his own?

From the heart of London through wild, rural Cornwall to the bleak, forbidding beauty of the Balkans, The Mister is a roller-coaster ride of danger and desire that leaves the reader breathless to the very last page.

Review: Jo 

There is something about EL James’s work that pulls me in and keeps me hooked from beginning to end. She has some kind of unique magic, I’m sure of it. Every single time I had to put my kindle down, I couldn’t wait to pick it back up again. I was reading at every available opportunity. Even waking up in the night to read, and I haven’t done that for a long while. I loved this wonderfully charming and fairy tale like romance. EL James is certainly no one hit wonder. I’m already excited for more from Erika and hoping that this book can’t be just a standalone. I am left absolutely desperate for more from Alessia and Maxim. 

"...I tried to stay away from her, but I couldn’t, 
because she’s carved her way into my heart."

As a huge fan of Fifty, I was crazy excited when this book was announced. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy. However, as the days grew closer to the release. I was also feeling apprehensive to what I would truly think of this new book. I have such high regard for Christian and Ana’s beautiful story. But this is a totally different novel to Fifty and really should not be compared. “The Mister” deserves to be praised as a novel in its own right. It is a sweet, heart lifting love story that was just about perfect for this romance loving girl.

"He loves her, and she loves him. And the future stretches before her, full of possibility."

When I first read the synopsis to this book, I sort of thought that I knew what kinda story it would be. How it would play out and what the characters would be like, but as I now have learned. It was totally different to what I was expecting. I really loved that EL could surprise me with a romance to melt my heart. The characters were so easy to fall in love with. I pretty much loved Alessia as soon as I met her. She was such a sweet, kind and caring girl and after discovering more about Alessia, I knew that she truly deserved something magical to happen to her. She was a heroine to one hundred percent root for. Maxim made the handsome hero of the story. There really wasn’t anything that I didn’t love about this gorgeous man. I especially loved how quickly and how deeply he fell for Alessia. He was so loving and protective towards her and it made me so happy to see the pair together. By the time I had finished the final page, my heart was full to the brim.

‘Thank you for not giving up on me.’ 
Her voice is as soft as a summer breeze.
 ‘Never. I’ve got you. Always.’

“The Mister” was a delightful Cinderella style romance that contained enough heat, as well as a few stomach churning moments and heaps of dreamy love to keep me turning those pages. It gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment