Wednesday 14 November 2018

Review: Stylo Fantome's "Preach. (Church #2)."


Synopsis: 

A shattered woman.

A changed man.

Church Logan wanted to kill someone, and Emma Hartley wanted to die - they were a match made in hell.

But one little cut, a pint or two of blood, and suddenly everything between them is different.

Are they still destined for greatness? Or has the darkness finally eclipsed them and torn them apart?

Looks like it's time for Church to practice what he preaches.

Ignition, meet explosion.

warning: if you have triggers - this story will touch on a lot of them. This book is a dark romance, 85,000+ words.

Review: Jo

What the hell did I just read? This duet has quite possibly been the most messed up story that I've ever read and this concluding instalment was the most blood curdling and twisted of the two parts. Emma and Church's not so conventional romance was dark, dangerous and completely different to anything that I have read before. 

"Is love still love if it's rooted in obsession?"

Emma and Church were both f****d up individuals who together made an evil partnership. In this final part of the duet, I saw their story become more distorted and a hell of a lot more deadly as the pair take their dark thoughts to the next level. What I was reading was shocking and intense, and I just had no idea how things were going to play out, or if Emma and Church's relationship would survive past their horrific plans. 

"You be the thunder"
"And I'll be the lightening."

Like I said in my first review of this duet, this is not the usual kind of love story. If you want hearts and flowers, this is not the book for you. However, if you enjoy a dark, twisted tale this will definitely tick your boxes. The only thing that I found disappointing was the way that the book ended - so abruptly and with no epilogue. Apart from that it was worth the read. 

"You, Church Logan are the cleverest sociopath I've ever met."
"Worthy of worship?"
"Worthy of hymns and gospels and all the books in the bible."

"Preach" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me. 



AUTHOR BIO:

Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, and I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink. No, I do not live in an igloo, and no, the sun does not set for six months out of the year, there's your Alaska lesson for the day. I have mermaid hair - both a curse and a blessing - and most of the time I talk so fast, even I can't understand me.

Yeah. I think that about sums me up.

AUTHOR LINKS:





No comments:

Post a Comment