Thursday 15 March 2018

Review: Helena Hunting's "Pucked Off (Pucked #6)."


Synopsis: 

I’m NHL defenseman Lance Romero, AKA Lance “Romance."

I’m notorious for parties and excess. I have the most penalty minutes in the league. I get into the most fights. I take the most hits. I’m a player on and off the ice. I’m the one women with no inhibitions want.

Not because I like the notoriety, but because I don’t know how to be any other way.

I have secrets. Ones I shared with the wrong person, and she used them against me. Sometimes she still does. I should cut ties. But she makes it difficult, because she’s the kind of bad I deserve.

At least that’s what I believed until someone from my past gets caught up in my present. She’s all the good things in this world. She lights up my dark.

I shouldn’t want her.

But I do. 

I should leave her alone.

But I won’t.

Review: Jo

I must have been on holiday when "Pucked Off" came out, because if I was around, I would have read it. So when it was on sale recently, I snapped it up. I wasn't going to miss out again. I've loved this series so much and so I was eager to read Lance's story and I gotta say that this book took me completely by surprise, but in a totally good way. It turned out to be one of my favourites of this series. If you haven't read this one yet, don't leave it any longer. Lance and Poppy's standalone second chance romance was a beautiful one. 

"I could kiss her forever. I could live in this memory—past fused with the present. 
This kiss would be my heaven."

As I had already met Lance in the previous books of the series, I had pretty much second-guessed how this book would go. I really thought I knew Lance, but this story changed my view of him and opened my eyes to what a gorgeous man he truly was. Lance made it so easy for me to fall in love with him and having made this discovery about his true personality and his back story, I wanted nothing but good things for him. As usual with me, I avoided reading the synopsis so I really thought that this novel would be all about Lance and Tash, but when I realised what was going on with the couple, I began to want different things. I could not understand how Lance and Tash could work out, so when Poppy entered the story, I breathed a sigh of relief. 

“You’re all the good things I didn’t know I was missing.” 

What followed was a story that I loved every minute of reading. Poppy and Lance were so good together. Lance was deliciously sweet and made me swoon a hell of a lot and Poppy was the perfect girl that Lance wholeheartedly deserved. It made my heart so happy to see this pair fall for one another. This is a romance that I'm so glad that I read. It was another brilliant addition to what has been a fabulous series. 

“I’m messed up, Poppy. I think there are parts of me that can’t be fixed.” 
“I don’t need to fix you, Lance. I’ll take you as you are. I just want you to be happy.”

I also loved catching up with all of the "Pucked" gang. I adore every one of the characters in this series. If you haven't read this series yet, I highly recommend one-clicking. It contains all of the ingredients for the best sports romance series. It is by far my favourite in the genre. 

"I want you forever,”
“I’m yours, I’ve been yours since you stole my first kiss.”

"Pucked Off" gets 4.5 ❤️'s from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment