Friday 12 January 2018

The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog's Top Reads of 2017.

Check out our most favourite reads of 2017. We thought long and hard and tried our best to choose ten but it was impossible. Scroll down to find out what our top twelve books from last year were and why we loved them so much. 

 Kristen Ashley's "Complicated."


What we loved about this book:
"Complicated" was everything I could have hoped for in a KA book and so much more. It had that feel good factor, that sparkle and that magic that took my breath away, left my heart rate soaring and my stomach filled with butterflies. Even now when I think back on Greta and Hix's story, I'm filled with giddiness. 

Check out Surj's full review here: http://bit.ly/2meYUBM


 E L James's "Darker (Fifty Shades Darker as Told by Christian)."


Why this book made out list: 
Reading this book was like peeling off the layers that surrounded the delicious Mr Grey and uncovering every little new thing about him. If you have loved this trilogy as much as me, this book is a must. E L James has once again delivered another book that I fell madly in love with. You won't be disappointed.

Check out Jo's full review here: http://bit.ly/2kpH4Lp

Sally Thorne's "The Hating Game."


What we loved about this book:
This story was magical romance at it's best, weaving it's spell and capturing my heart throughout every single chapter. I could not have been more captivated in Josh and Lucy's wonderful story. I was in romance heaven and I didn't want to ever leave. I wish I could have more of Josh and Lucy. I was truly sad to close my kindle after that very last page. 

Check out Jo's full review here: http://bit.ly/2mhotlD

 J A Huss's "Five (Mister #0.5)." 


What made this book a favourite:
F**king Five ...... f**king brilliant!!!! Wow, wow, wow. This book really was something special! Rutherford Aston V and Aurora Shrike: it was fate. It was destiny. It was meant to be. It was written in the goddamn stars from the day they were born that they would be together. And from the moment six year old Five took Rory's hand and told her mother " I'll take it from here," he would spend the rest of his life doing everything in his power to protect his princess, even if that meant walking away and breaking her heart. 

Check out Surj's full review here: http://bit.ly/2meSkv6


Kimberly Adams "First."


What was so good about this book:
Nothing could prepare me for how much I felt during this story. It was breathtakingly beautiful, it was tragic, it was outstanding and by the time I finished the last page, I was a wreck. This was just the most beautifully broken love story that I know will be added to a very small list of books that will continue to affect me in years to come. Grant and Annie's story truly was unforgettable. 

Check out our full joint review here: http://bit.ly/2xxkclp


Mariah Dietz's "Curve Ball."


Why this book made our list:
Mariah Dietz's "Curveball" had so many magical ingredients that made it such a good read. It was funny and sweet and sexy but it was also angsty, emotional and heart breaking too. A definite must read for all you hopeless romantics out there. 

Check out Surj's full review here: http://bit.ly/2ri4E2e


Brittainy C Cherry's "The Gravity of US (Elements #4)." 


What we loved about this book:
This book is hands down my most favourite from Brittainy and will be on my top favourite reads list from this year for sure. My heart is so full of love. Graham and Lucy's captivating story had me hooked. I never fail to be in awe of Brittainy Cherry's enchanting words. She slays me every single time. Brittainy could not have written a more gorgeous story. Graham and Lucy's story was sheer perfection. Their love made my heart soar.

Check out Jo's full review here: http://bit.ly/2pVomfL


 Sawyer Bennett's "The Hard Truth About Sunshine." 


Why this book was one of our favourites:
Wow what a story, what a wonderful, inspirational, poignant, life affirming journey I feel I have had the privilege to go on with four characters who completely stole my heart and made me (very much) want to be a part of their circle (warts and all, lol). This is one of those books that I will remember for a long time. 

Check out Surj's full review here: http://bit.ly/2FmwTkl


M. Leighton's "The Empty Jar." 


Why we loved this book so much: 
"The Empty Jar" was such a poignant, thought provoking, punishingly beautiful love story, the likes I have never read or am likely to read again. It was a story that affected me on such a profound level, each and every word touching me deeply. If I could give it a million hearts I would. 

Check out Surj's full review here: http://bit.ly/2og6E6w


Emma Scott's "The Butterfly Project." 


What we loved about this book:
"The Butterfly Project" has captured my heart and kept me engaged throughout every single page. It was another beautiful story that wowed me from start to finish. Zelda and Beckett's journey of guilt, pain, love and absolution is one that I wholeheartedly recommend reading. You won't be disappointed. Emma's novels have the ability to grab hold of your heart and never let go. She is easily one of my new favourite authors. 

Check out Jo's full review here: http://bit.ly/2lw2sgx


   Debra Anastasia's "For All The Evers." 


What made this book a top favourite: 
Debra Anastasia has delivered the most enchanting story and after reading the final few pages, I feel so privileged that the author took the decision to share this epic tale of captivating love. If you are looking for a spectacular read to begin the year with, this is the one for you. This was an unforgettable story that I am certain will capture your heart. I wholeheartedly recommend reading it as soon as you get the chance. 

Check out Jo's full review here: http://bit.ly/2iKZjMy                                                                                                         


Katy Regnery's Don't Speak (A Modern Fairytale)                                   

Why we loved this book so much: 
With this book, Katy Regnery has delivered an epic romance that has easily earned a spot on my favourite ever reads list. I found Erik and Laire's story to contain such a gorgeous tale of love that I was in romance heaven reading it. I wholeheartedly recommend snapping this one up for a wonderfully, bewitching story that will melt your heart.

Check out Jo's full review here: http://bit.ly/2lg2qcq

No comments:

Post a Comment