Thursday 3 August 2017

Review: Lisa Renee Jones's "Damage Control (Dirty Money #2)."


Synopsis: 

Wall Street meets the Sons of Anarchy in Damage Control, the smoldering, scorching next novel in the explosively sexy Dirty Money series.

The only thing more dangerous than a dark secret is a damaged heart…

Shane Brandon has been pushed to the brink, torn between his corrupt family and his explosive, all-consuming desire for Emily Stevens, who he now knows is not who, and what, she seems. Has he trusted the wrong person? Will she, not his brother Derek, be the ultimate destruction of his family Empire?

Emily tries to run from Shane, but he will stop her, confront her, force her to reveal all — one hot touch and kiss at a time, under every intimate detail of who this woman is, and what she wants, is exposed. But as he tears away the dangers of the unknowns with the woman in his bed, and in his heart, The Martina Cartel has set their sights on his company, his family, and the one piece of leverage they believe he won’t gamble with: Emily.

Review: Jo 

I loved the first book in the "Dirty Money" series, it was one of my favourite books from last year, so I was itching to get started on this second part. "Damage Control" started off brilliantly, continuing with everything that I loved from Shane and Emily's story. The first few chapters were fast paced, exciting and full of passion. I was once again hooked and couldn't read it fast enough. 

Unfortunately, once I had reached the thirty percent mark, things started to go down hill for this story and I found myself beginning to lose interest. For me, I felt as though the second half lacked the same heat and intensity and I also felt dizzy with everything that was going on between Shane, Emily and their families. There was so much drama surrounding the couple that it affected the flow of the story and the direction was moved away from Shane and Emily's relationship which meant that I was missing the romance element. Despite my feelings, I did continue with the book, hoping to see a return of the passion, however I was left disappointed as my pulse rate remained at the same steady pace. 

I had high hopes for this book and I was truly gutted that it didn't meet my expectations. 

"Damage Control" gets 3 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment