Tuesday 8 August 2017

Review: Ellie Cahill's "I Temporarily Do."


Synopsis: 

Days before she's set to move across the country and start a prestigious graduate program, a con artist leaves Emmy with no where to live and less than zero dollars in her bank account. But her day doesn't seem quite so bad compared to Beckett's--his fiancée called off their wedding just days before they tie the knot. Now he's single and ineligible for his place in married student housing. 

So what are a girl without a home and a guy without a wife supposed to do? A quickie wedding in Vegas will solve both their problems. It's a business arrangement, and no one even needs to know. They'll just get an annulment in a few months. What could go wrong? 

Only Beckett forgot to mention his new apartment is a one-bedroom. And neither of them counted on their new friends at Middlesex University thinking they're a great couple. 

The platonic newlywed game might be harder to play than Emmy thought. Especially when it starts to feel less than platonic. 

Review: Jo 

After reading and loving Ellie Cahill's previous work, I couldn't wait to get stuck into this book and I was not disappointed. The synopsis sounded like a fun and romantic tale and that is exactly what I got. This friends to lovers story was the perfect combination of sweet and sexy. I loved "I Temporarily Do." 

"I could live without breathing, surely, if he would just keep kissing me forever." 

Following two extremely unfortunate events, Emmy and Beckett found themselves needing one another to solve the predicaments that they were both in. What followed was an entertaining read that I highly enjoyed. Emmy and Beckett's romance was very much a slow burn, but not the frustrating, I want to throw my kindle at the wall kinda slowness. It was a beautiful build up of love and lust that kept me turning those pages. Once Emmy and Beckett had taken their relationship to the next level, the pace picked up and my pulse rate quickened. The last half of the story was my favourite. Emmy and Beckett's passion kicked up a notch and the story was filled with heat, heart and an unpredictable twist that completely took me by surprise. 

"He smiled wide enough to make my heart melt before he kissed me. 
A perfect, movie-ending kiss for all the world to see. 
No secrets. Nothing fake. Just us." 

With fantastic characters (Especially Beckett who was so lovely), brilliant writing and an ending that was truly perfect for Emmy and Beckett, this was a book that I enjoyed every minute of reading and left me with a huge giddy smile on my face. It was well worth the read and I didn't want it to end. 

"Temporarily I Do" gets 4 hearts from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment