Monday 5 June 2017

Review: "Love in Transit"


Synopsis: 

Find out what happens when you give six authors the SAME blurb and they write their OWN story.

The blurb:

You know those people that have a house full of motivational slogans? Embrace Every Moment, stamped on their coffee mugs. Always Kiss Me Goodnight painted above their perfectly made beds.

I’m not one of those people.

This morning I overslept, then slipped on a stray sock and banged my toe into the nightstand. The elevator in my building broke and I had to run down six flights of stairs. And then my local coffee shop was closed. For health code violations.

What’s that? Not the end of the world? You want me to suck it up?

Did I mention I’m wearing a wedding dress… on the subway?

It’s a Good Day for a Hot Mess. 

Someone embroider that on a pillow. 

Review: Jo 

I'm not usually a fan of short stories/anthologies, preferring much longer reads that can sweep me up and carry me away for a few days at a time, however when I first read the synopsis to "Love in Transit" my interest was piqued, especially with two of my favourite authors involved. And then I saw the gorgeous cover and knew that I just had to read it and I am so glad that I did, because I loved it! Out of all the romance anthologies that I had previously read, this was by far my favourite. 

I loved every short story that was included in this book. Each one containing elements that I enjoyed. From an hilariously fun read, to a sweet and dreamy romance, to second chance love to an insanely hot story that had me running for a cold shower. This book contained everything to keep me thoroughly entertained throughout and I loved how each story ended in a big swoony and feelgood way. It's definitely one to read when you need something to put a smile on your face. 

With the exception of Raine Miller and Kitty French, these authors were all new to me and I felt that this was a great way to introduce me to their work. I am already looking forward to reading more books from them. 

I would recommend this book to all lovers of romance. You really can't go wrong with a novel that is full to the brim with delicious bites of swoony romance. 

"Love in Transit" gets 4 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment