Wednesday 29 March 2017

Review: M.Leighton's "The Empty Jar."

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/2o2qQvC
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/2mMLtMw

Synopsis:

Three months touring Europe. 
Romantic. Dazzling. Unforgettable. 
The trip of a lifetime.

But some lifetimes are shorter...

We couldn’t have known it would work out this way.
No one could. No one could’ve guessed that something so beautiful could be so tragic.

But it is tragic.

Yet so, so beautiful.

That’s what sacrifice is—beauty and tragedy.
It’s pain and suffering for something or someone you love.

And this is the ultimate sacrifice. 
One stunning act of true love.

This is our story.
Our true love story.

Review: Surj

God I feel like I have cried a whole river whilst reading M. Leighton's "The Empty Jar." The tears just wouldn't stop and if there was a brief respite from the water works, then the lump in my throat was still there reminding me of the story I was reading. Not many books affect me the way this one did. In fact I could probably count them on one hand. What I do know is that even in years to come, when I think of Nate and Lena's story, I will feel a pain in my heart for all this couple endured. 


Is it possible for a person's biggest dream to come in the midst of their worst nightmare? 

"The Empty Jar" was such a poignant, thought provoking, punishingly beautiful love story, the likes I have never read or am likely to read again. It was a story that affected me on such a profound level, each and every word touching me deeply. I lived and breathed Nate and Lena's journey right alongside with them, their love for one another consuming me and at times suffocating me because of the situation this couple ultimately found themselves in. Theirs was a love that knew no bounds. It was a love that was pure, honest, unconditional and all consuming and even in the face of adversity, it never (once) faltered or questioned. I felt that right down to my very soul and that in part is because of the way this story was penned. The writing, the words, the POV made this whole book so powerful and impactful, I dare anyone to pick it up and not be affected by what they read. 


I find it odd how happiness and agony so often travel in tandem, 
almost as though the one is made stronger by the other. 

This was one of those books that right from the outset, I knew what I was getting. There really weren't any secrets as such and I knew the direction the story line would take very early on. I guess it was up to me whether I wanted to go along from the ride. There was never a question in my mind whether I wanted to carry on with this couple's story. I had to. I needed to because they made such a huge impact on me so very quickly. I had to take this journey with them because they had (almost) become a part of me. 


We relive two lovers huddled beneath an umbrella in a rain storm. We find shelter
from the elements, warmth in each others arms, and solace in 
otherwise forgiving circumstances. It's us against the world. Us against time. 

"The Empty Jar" was a story that was full to the brim with a raw intensity, I felt every single emotion the characters went through. This was a book that made me tell my husband so many times over that I loved him. It made me hold him close and nerve want to let him go. It made me question what I would do. It made me question my husband and get his thoughts. I'm sure he thought I'd gone crazy but I just needed to do that for my own peace of mind. 


""Fill your jar. As long as your jar is full, your life will never be empty. 
And every chance you get, put your face in the sun, and show the wind how to fly."

Whenever I love a book as much as I have loved this one, my reviews tend to be all over the place. I struggle to put into words just how much love I have for the story and so I can only apologise for gabbing on and probably not making sense. I guess through this whole review what I'm trying to say is, if you haven't read "The Empty Jar" go and read it. PLEASE!!!! If I could give it a million hearts I would. Unfortunately our hearts are capped at 5 so yes this one gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Goodnight stars. Goodnight moon. 
Goodnight lightening bugs. Come again soon."


No comments:

Post a Comment