Friday 9 October 2015

Review: Bella Jewel's "Hard to Fight (Alpha's Heart #1)."


Synopsis:

Grace is a bounty hunter who wants to be taken seriously, but her boss refuses to believe that a woman can bring down a dangerous criminal. She finally gets a chance to prove herself when she's given the case of a lifetime: capture Raide Knox and bring him to justice.

Raide is a dangerous fugitive on the run...and the sexiest man Grace has ever met. Catching Raide won't be easy. He's not the kind of man to go down without a fight. Raide is more intense and frustrating than any man she's ever had to deal with, and the instantaneous attraction that sparks between them is undeniable. One thing is for sure...it's going to be a case they will never forget.

**Hard To Fight is a full-length standalone romance with a HEA**

Review-Jo 

This book started out brilliantly, with all the makings of a story that I would love. The idea of "Hard to Fight" was something that I found fresh and interesting. I had not read any books previously that contained a female bounty hunter so I was excited to see how the story would play out. Once I had got "Dog the Bounty Hunter" out of my head, I was ready to begin. Lol! 

I absolutely loved Grace. She was a fantastic character. Feisty, sassy, plucky and she was brilliant at kicking ass! I loved how fearless she was. Everything about Grace made me smile. Raide also made me smile, but for very different reasons. He had all the attributes of a perfect book boyfriend. A sexy alpha who was a little bit tortured and a little bit of a bad boy. Who could possibly resist his charms? 

"You might not be my woman, but you're fuckin' thinking about me as 
much as I'm thinking about you." 

Grace and Raide made an awesome couple. I loved the relationship that they so quickly formed. Love happened extremely fast between these two, it was like they were made for each other. Watching the couple together made me happy, but the more the book progressed, the more worried I became. I just could not see how Grace and Raide could have a future together. I felt so sorry for the pair. Heartbreak seemed only pages away. 

This is dangerous, so damned dangerous. Yet I don't want it to stop.

This is where I felt that my interest in the story began to diminish. I'm not sure why but I lost a little bit of hope in the story and I found some of the things that happened to be a bit silly. I can't really go into detail because of spoilers, but I was left feeling deflated after all my initial excitement. 

Luckily the book did get back on track for the final few chapters and I loved the way that the story was brought to an end. Although this wasn't my favourite from this author, I still felt that it was an okay read and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. 

"Hard to Fight" gets 3.5-4 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment