Friday 18 September 2015

Review: Meredith Wild's "Hardwired (Hacker #1)."

Review: Meredith Wild's "Hardwired (Hacker #1)."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1O14csM
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1KnNgLR

Synopsis:

Determined to overcome a difficult past, Erica Hathaway learns early on how to make it on her own. Days after her college graduation she finds herself face to face with a panel of investors who will make or break her fledgling startup. The only thing she didn't prepare for was going weak in the knees over an arrogant and gorgeous investor who's seemingly determined to derail her presentation.

Billionaire and rumored hacker Blake Landon has already made his fortune in software, and he's used to getting what he wants with very little resistance. Captivated by Erica's drive and unassuming beauty, he's wanted nothing more since she stepped into his boardroom. Determined to win her over, he breaks down her defenses and fights for her trust, even if that means sacrificing a level of control he's grown accustomed to.

But when Blake uncovers a dark secret from Erica's past, he threatens not just her trust, but the life she's fought so hard to create. 

Review-Jo 

I wanted to read this one after a friend told me that she could not put it down .. and how right she was. This book pulled me in immediately and I could not stop reading. The only time I stepped away from my kindle was when my eyes refused to stay open any longer, well it was one o'clock in the morning! Lol. 

Jesus, techies weren't supposed to be this sexy. 
All I wanted was to unwrap him like a present. How could I possibly 
resist him if he touched me again, or God forbid, kissed me?

The story follows the relationship between Erica and Blake. Erica had recently finished college and was looking for funding for her on-line fashion business. Erica was strong, level-headed and determined to succeed in her chosen career path. Blake was involved in investing in Erica's company and although at first he came across as just another arrogant and pretentious business man, I soon discovered that Blake was actually one of the sweetest book boyfriends I had met from this genre of romance. Blake had everything that I loved in a man. Sexy, rich, protective and so deliciously swoonworthy. I would have been putty in his hands. Erica, however was not. Despite her initial attraction to Blake, she was a little suspicious of him. I wasn't sure of my true feelings for Erica. Part of me admired her strength, but the other part of me felt upset and frustrated that she was constantly pushing Blake away, refusing to trust him. There were a lot of times where I felt so sorry for Blake. 

"You are the one I'm here for. The only one."
"You're mine." 
"If you could stop running away from me for five goddamn minutes, I could have told you that." 

Erica and Blake's relationship kept me on my toes from start to finish, but as the story progressed I realised that there was a lot more to this story than just the couple's romance. Secrets were discovered and things happened that I was not expecting, but it was the ending that made me want to throw my kindle at the wall!! If you are not a fan of cliffhangers, make sure that you have the second book ready to go. 

I trembled with all the love I had for this man. I hated myself for it. 
For wanting him the way I did. He'd worn me down. He'd won.

"Hardwired" was a brilliant read and gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment