Wednesday 24 July 2013

Review: Tarryn Fisher's "Thief (Love Me with Lies # 3)."

@Tarryn_Fisher
5 Hearts Review of Tarryn Fisher's "Thief."

Buying Links:  Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/11alED6  
                       Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1dQCARD

Synopsis:

Note to Self
Love is patient; love is kind.
Love doesn't boast or brag.
There's no arrogance in love;
it's never rude, crude, or indecent-it's not self absorbed.
Love isn't easily upset.
Love doesn't tally wrongs.
Love trusts, hopes, and endures no matter what.
Love will never become obsolete.
I'll fight for her.

Thief
Caleb Drake never got over his first love. Not when he got married. Not when she got married. When life suddenly comes full circle Caleb must decide how how far he is willing to go to get the aloof and alluring Olivia Kaspen back. But for every action in life there is a consequence, and soon Caleb finds out that sometimes love comes at an unbearably high price.

Review: Kirsty: 

"Right from the start you were a thief, you stole my heart, and I your willing victim. " 

OMG. How do you begin to review this book? The five stars was easy, talking about it, that's the hard part. Thief was one of the books I had looked forward to more than anything this year. I love the series. It's unique, ugly, heart breaking but SO REAL. These characters are all flawed beyond reason and that is one of the biggest reasons why I love the series so much. They lie, cheat and scam their way through life, all in the name of love. 


"Life does not accommodate you, it shatters you. Love is mean, but it’s good. It keeps us alive. If you need her, then wait. But, right now she’s getting married. It’s her day and you can’t ruin it."

Being inside Caleb's head finally was the best thing. Ever. There were so many times whilst reading The Opportunist and Dirty Red that I wanted to know why Caleb had reacted a certain way or why he couldn't just run away with Olivia and have the HAE they so desperately deserved. Throughout the series there had been so many twists and turns that I knew if there was any chance of a HAE that Tarryn would make us (and Caleb!) work for it. And boy did she. 

"Olivia. I've lost her three times. The first was to impatience. The second was to a lie so dense we couldn't work our way through it, and the third time - this time - I've lost her to Noah."


The range of emotions I felt whilst reading this were out of this world. I'm sure I have never read a book that could have me laughing one minute and swearing and crying the next as much as this did. I felt absolutely everything that was up for offer and more. Tarryn is one of the best authors out their IMO. She doesn't write fluff and easy stuff, she makes real, honest and heart breaking stuff. And it's my absolute favourite. 

"Broken people give broken love. And we are all a little broken. 
You just have to forgive and sew up the wounds love delivers, and move on."

There were so many shocks and twists and turns throughout Thief, Tarryn didn't disappoint in that area in the slightest. But as well as all that there were answers.. SO many answers I didn't know how to process. All the time I found myself thinking "Dammit, if only these two had just TALKED then we wouldn't be in this mess" but then what kind of story would we have? Their story is such a bittersweet thing. I loved it so much but at the same time my heart just constantly aches and breaks for them. 

"I'll do whatever I have to do to protect you. I'll lie, cheat, and steal to make you okay. I'll share your suffering, and I'll carry you when you're weighed down. I'll never leave you, 
not even when you ask me to. Do you believe me?"

Please. If you haven't read Thief yet, don't read this spoiler tag. Every body should read it for the first time with absolutely no idea of the ending and whether there is a HAE. I'm so glad I didn't spoil it for myself and just enjoyed every word of it:

"Maybe our souls touched underneath that tree. Maybe I decided to love her. 
Maybe love wasn't our choice. But when I looked at that woman, I saw myself differently."

So there we have it.. the end of one of the most incredible series I have ever read. Tarryn has outdone herself with Thief. I didn't expect half of what happened, to happen but now looking back I can see everything was right and necessary. I have no clue how to move on from this so.. I'm not gonna.. I'm off for a re-read!


 "I let you see the parts of me that weren't all that pretty. " 

I rated this book 5 massive Hearts!!!

Click book covers for Kirsty's reviews of book #1 & book #2 in the series

                                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment