Tuesday 23 July 2019

Review: Katy Evans's "Million Dollar Marriage (Million Dollar #2)."


Synopsis: 

If someone had bet Nell a million dollars that she would be saying “I do” to a complete stranger on national television, she’d have called them crazy, but with her crushing student loan payments sending her deep into the red, she’s out of options. This should be nothing more than a business transaction—until she sets eyes on her groom, and everything changes.

The game is on the instant Luke spots Penelope “Nell” Carpenter. He’s out for the money, yes, but getting a little dirty with Nell doesn’t sound too bad either. Everyone knows he’s not the marrying kind, so it’s a good thing it’s just for show. God knows he’s the worst guy his pretty wife should pick for real.

They have nothing in common, but if they want the grand prize, they’ll have to beat out eight other couples. Proving that total opposites attract should be easy enough…as long as they don’t fall in love in the process.

Review: Jo 

Out of all the books that I’ve read from Katy Evans, she has not once disappointed me. Especially with the male lead characters, and this book was no exception. I fell hard for the handsome Luke Cross, as did Penelope resulting in an opposites attract love story that kept me turning those pages. I thoroughly enjoyed this fun and sexy romance.

"...she feels like she's completely mine. Even if she isn't. 
Can't ever be. But Holy God. I want to be inside her, 
with a passion that shreds me from the inside."

I loved the way in which Luke and Nell met. It was fresh, entertaining and very current. From the moment the pair met, there was a boat load of chemistry and sexual tension sizzling between them. As Luke and Nell were so different to one another, their romance didn’t start right away and for a lot of the first part of the story, things weren’t getting any smoother, but I remained hooked, and couldn’t wait until the couple finally gave into the heat that surrounded them.

"There's no doubt in my mind. This so-wrong-for-me-man? Is so, so, so right." 

As well as loving Luke, I also really liked Penelope. She was sweet and lovely and also had a bit of a fiery side to her. However she also lacked confidence in herself and I loved watching the development of her character with Luke by her side. Nell's character had grown so much by the end of the story and changed for the better with Luke’s love. They ended up making a beautiful couple that made my heart so happy.

"It's been you from the minute I laid eyes on you." 

“Million Dollar Marriage” gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment