Monday 3 June 2019

Review: Helen Hoang's "The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient #2)."


Synopsis: 

Khai Diep has no feelings. Well, he feels irritation when people move his things or contentment when ledgers balance down to the penny, but not big, important emotions—like grief. And love. He thinks he’s defective. His family knows better—that his autism means he just processes emotions differently. When he steadfastly avoids relationships, his mother takes matters into her own hands and returns to Vietnam to find him the perfect bride.

As a mixed-race girl living in the slums of Ho Chi Minh City, Esme Tran has always felt out of place. When the opportunity arises to come to America and meet a potential husband, she can’t turn it down, thinking this could be the break her family needs. Seducing Khai, however, doesn’t go as planned. Esme’s lessons in love seem to be working…but only on herself. She’s hopelessly smitten with a man who’s convinced he can never return her affection.

With Esme’s time in the United States dwindling, Khai is forced to understand he’s been wrong all along. And there’s more than one way to love.

Review: Jo 

This book truly made my heart sing. It was the most sweetest romance that I’ve read in a while. Such a beautiful story and my favourite so far from Helen Hoang. I know that I’m going to get a major book hangover now that I’ve turned the final pages of this wonderful novel.

“Show me how to make it good for you, too,” 
he said as he looked at her directly, no trace of shame on his face.
 “Because I need you to feel the way I do right now.”

"The Bride Test" follows the story of Esme, a Vietnamese girl desperate to find a better life for both herself and her family. Given an opportunity she couldn’t refuse, she flew to America to grab the chance of a new life, which is where she met Khai. The tale that then unfolded was one that was so gorgeous that I easily fell in love with everything about it. From the sweet slow burn to the brilliant character development and the cute romance that slowly developed between Esme and Khai, it was absolute perfection. I just had a huge smile on my face and a happy feeling in my heart throughout the majority of this book. Esme and Khai were so adorable together and as I reached the final chapters, I felt giddy with love for the couple and how things had played out for them.

"My heart works in a different way, but it’s yours. You’re my one.”

I really can’t recommend this book enough. If you haven’t yet snapped this one up, get clicking. If you love a good romance, you would be crazy not to read this novel. I can’t wait for book number three from Helen Hoang which releases next year. 

"...he drew her close and kissed her like the first time.
Lips to lips, hearts melting together, no distance between them, 
not even an arm’s length."

The Bride Test gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment