Sunday 23 June 2019

Review: Crushed: Raine Miller writing as Brit DeMille "A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush #1)."


Synopsis: 

This may sound reasonable coming from the star winger for the VEGAS CRUSH the day he lays eyes on the new social media manager for the team, but for Holly Laurent it’s a whole different story. Dating a “player” is a risky business, especially if she wants to keep the job she just landed with the hottest team in the NHL. 

Holly loves her independence and her career. She’s doing just fine on her own, thank you very much. Allowing her head to be turned by a hot hockey player and putting her job at risk? 

Not. Happening. Ever. 

Not even if he looks like a god. Not even if he possesses enough charm to tempt the panties from a nun. Not even if she has to cross her fingers behind her back every time she tells him she’s not interested. 

Policies exist for a reason. Rules are not meant to be broken and sexy players are not to be trusted. Right? 

Review: Jo 

I have no idea why I have only just discovered this book. I usually love Raine Miller’s work, so I cant understand how this series had gone unnoticed. It was only with the recent release of "Sin Shot"-Book two in the series, that "Crushed" came to my attention. I immediately clicked it and couldn’t wait to start reading. I love sports romance, and as such I had high hopes and I’m thrilled to say that I enjoyed the hell of this book. Another romance from Raine that ticked so many of my boxes.

"I keep telling myself that I should walk away from a guy like you.” 
“What kind of guy am I?” 
“One who, you know, sleeps with lots of women. Who can’t be tied down.”

This story follows the growing attraction between playboy ice hockey star, Evan and the Vegas Crush team’s new social media manager, Holly. Raine has delivered a story that was steamy, passionate and contained the perfect amount of  drama. Evan and Holly’s romance pulled me in from the very start. I had no problem liking the two main characters and quickly became invested in their blossoming relationship. I especially loved Evan, feeling so sorry for him as he tried to move on from his love 'em and leave 'em reputation and start something more serious with Holly. The poor guys past just wouldn’t stop creeping up and causing problems for the couple. I also loved the sports/ice-hockey parts of the story that added many exciting moments as Evan became the star player of his team.

“Whatever this is between us? It’s not a mistake.” 

In all, this was a story that had me hooked and I read it in only 2 days (It usually takes me around a week). Now I’m ready to start "Sin Shot." I can’t wait. If you love sports romance, this is one not to miss.

"Crushed from the moment I laid eyes on her for the first time. 
Utterly and happily crushed."

“Crushed” gets 4.5 ❤️’s from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment