Thursday 23 May 2019

Review: Shana Gray's "A Match Made in Monaco (A Girls' Weekend Away Novella)."


Synopsis:

*When the cynic...*

Fredi doesn’t believe in love. She might be a successful bridal gown designer but that’s just business. Sure, she’s watched her three best girlfriends fall head over heels with the men of their dreams but she’s certain that’s not in the cards for her. That doesn’t mean that she’s not interested in some fun with a handsome movie star––one who just happens to be her assigned date for her best friend’s wedding in Monaco.

*Meets the movie star...*

Zayn’s used to women falling at his feet so he’s utterly captivated by Fredi’s quick wit and her refusal to be impressed by him. Their chemistry is off the charts and their connection is something unexpected.

*Sparks are about to fly...*

With only a few days before Fredi disappears back to her life, Zayn is determined to convince her that she can trust him with the one thing she swore to never give anyone–her heart.

Review: 

So when I first started this book, I didn’t really know what to expect. Fredi was the only girl from the group of friends that I felt as though I didn’t know much about. I knew that she was a wedding dress designer and that she didn’t believe in love or relationships, which was kinda funny what with her chosen career. Apart from those few things,she was a bit of a mystery and with her cynical attitude on love, I didn’t know if I would be able to relate to her, however I was interested to see how the story would play out. Plus, I was also excited to be able to catch up with the other girls and to read all about Bonni and Quinn’s wedding.

"Getting to know you, having you here with me now, you make everything better. 
All of this has no meaning without someone to share it with.’ 
Zayn leaned forward and their gazes locked on each other. 
‘Nothing could make it more complete than sharing it with you."

This forth instalment from the "Girls Weekend Away" series sees all of the girls come together in Monaco for the wedding of Bonni and Quinn. I couldn’t wait to see the pair get married and loved seeing how the other girls were getting on with their partners. Fredi was the only girl not to have found love, so this story mainly focused on Fredi and Zayn. What surprised me about their romance, was how quickly it began. With Fredi’s reluctance to start any kind of relationship, she didn’t take much persuasion to start one with Zayn. I was anticipating pages and pages of Zayn chasing after Fredi, but I thought wrong. I’m not complaining though, because I loved that Fredi had finally found someone that was perfect for her and I adored seeing their love blossom.

‘It’s okay to cry.’ She looked up at him, 
a little surprised that he could sense her moods so well.
 She whispered back, ‘Is it?’ ‘Yes. I’ll be here to dry your tears.’

I enjoyed Fredi and Zayn's story and loved seeing all of the girls so happy and in love. It actually made me sad thinking that this could be final part in the series. I'm not sure if it all ends with the book, but I'm a little bit gutted that I might not get the chance to find out what they were all doing next. I wanted to see all of their marriages and then see them having babies and living their HEA. I was expecting a bit of an epilogue to satisfy my craving for more, but sadly there wasn’t one. That was the only thing that I was a little disappointed in. It all came to an end far too soon for me. Apart from that, I have loved everything about this series. If you are looking for a fun, sexy and swoon-worthy series about friendships and love, I can’t recommend this one enough. It was well worth the read. I’m looking forward to reading more from this author in the future.

"She was in love and wanted to shout it for the world to hear. 
This man that was just hers and she just his."

“A Match Made In Monaco” gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.




No comments:

Post a Comment