Wednesday 11 July 2018

Duet Review: Emma Scott's "Full Tilt."

Amazon.com:   https://amzn.to/2zmQMZK
Amazon UK:     https://amzn.to/2m7e4cJ

Synopsis:

Kacey Dawson has always lived life on the edge--impulsively, sometimes recklessly. And now, as lead guitarist for a hot up-and-coming band, she is poised at the brink of fame and fortune. But she is torn between wanting to be a serious musician, and the demons that lure her down the glittering, but alcohol-soaked path of rock stardom. A wrecked concert in Las Vegas threatens to ruin her career entirely. She wakes up with the hangover from hell and no memory of the night before, or how she ended up on her limo driver’s couch... 

Jonah Fletcher is running out of time. He knows his situation is hopeless, and he's vowed to make the most of the handful of months he has left to him. His plans include seeing the opening of his glass installation at a prestigious art gallery…they do not include falling in love with a wild, tempestuous rock musician who wound up passed out on his couch. 

Jonah sees that Kacey is on a path to self-destruction. He lets her crash with him for a few days to dry out and get her head on straight. But neither of them expected the deep connection they felt, or how that connection could grow so fast from friendship into something more. Something deep and pure and life-changing…something as fragile as glass, that they both know will shatter in the end no matter how hard they try to hold on to it.

Review: Surj 

In real life, I’m not a cryer. In fact my close friends go as far as to say I’m somewhat emotionally stunted. So why oh why are there a handful of books that have the ability to reduce me to a blubbering mess? Seriously, how do they do it???? 

“We may not have months or years, but we have moments. 
Thousands upon thousands of them. Let’s take each moment, 
seize it and wring it dry. Okay?”

Emma Scott is a new to me author and "Full Tilt" was the first series of hers I've read. The end result? Absolute devastation. There were tears. There was sobbing and there were all kinds of snot bubbles going on!!! I was inconsolable!!! Was it the story? The writing? The characters? I’d say it was all of those things to be honest. The story for sure was one that was thought provoking and poignant. It was a story that held so much beauty yet so much pain, anguish and heart ache. One minute my heart was full to bursting from joy and happiness, the next I felt like the author had smashed it into smithereens. The angst was like no other. 


"You can find beauty anywhere, even in the things that scare you the most."


What I will say is, a good story is nothing without impeccable writing and this author has got that  down to a fine art. Her words really helped bring this story to life in such a vivid and powerful way that it was impossible not to be affected by each and every character. Each page was filled with emotion, every chapter so moving.


“Where there is ruin, there is hope for treasure.”

Jonah, Kacey and Theo's story really did a number on me that's for sure and I think it's also in part because I fell in love with each and every one of these characters so very easily. It was difficult not to.  I laughed with them and cried for them. Through the course of the duet, I really felt like I had become a part of their close group of friends, their story affecting me so deeply. 

I'm not sure what else to say other than try and go into the duet blind. Don't read the synopsis for either book and DO NOT be tempted to skip to the end!!! You will only ruin it for yourselves. This was such an easy 5 ❤️'s. I can only apologise to my book buddies (who have been willing me to pick up this author) for leaving it sooooo long!!! It won't happen again. Lesson learned!!!

"..... Instead of feeling bad that it ended, I'm just happy it happened. "

1 comment:

  1. What a great review!😊 I agree with you 100 percent. Emma Scott is an amazing storyteller 💕 One of my favorites 💜 This was the first book of hers, that I read too. It took me a while as well, to finally read one of her books. Since then, I've read five more. Can't wait to read more from this amazing author.

    ReplyDelete