Thursday 7 June 2018

Review:Jo Watson's "Burning Moon (Destination Love #1)."


Synopsis: 

Jo Watson's Burning Moon, the runaway Wattpad sensation, brings you laughter, adventure and a love story to give you the warm-and-fuzzies.

Chase your dreams. Dance under the stars. Fall in love at the festival of Burning Moon.

WARNING: Being jilted at the altar in front of 500 wedding guests can lead to irrational behaviour, such as going on your honeymoon to Thailand alone.

On the way to paradise, symptoms may include getting arrested, setting yourself on fire, turning up on a 'Missing Poster' and going viral.

Side-effects may include desert island stranding, star gazing and jungle trekking.

Recovery will lead to partying the night away at Burning Moon festival - and falling in love with the person you least expect...

Review: Jo 

Jo Watson's "Love To Hate You" is one of my top reads from this year so far, so I was eager to read more of her work and I wasn't disappointed. "Burning Moon" was a standalone romantic comedy that made the perfect summer read. I thoroughly enjoyed the hilarious story of jilted bride, Lilly and her holiday romance hero, Damien. 

"I’d opened myself up to him and he’d filled me with love."

After her wedding day went horribly wrong, this story saw Lilly taking herself off on her honeymoon for one. From then on the story was was filled with hilarious adventures as Lilly discovered a new side of herself. Lilly was a such a fun character.I adored her and loved reading about the scenarios she found herself in. Lilly just couldn't avoid a calamity. Something always went wrong for her. 

"I wanted to walk away from this with his mark on my body. 
I wanted to be branded by him. His possession."

Damien was the complete opposite to the usual men in Lilly's world, but to her surprise, he turned out to be the love of her life. Damien took Lilly on an holiday that she would never forget. A holiday that was filled with sexual chemistry, lust and love. It was also set in beautiful Thailand, with an endless supply of sun, sea and sand. It sounded heavenly. 

"I needed Damien in my life as much as I needed air to breathe."

If you are looking for a romantic and amusing beach read, look no further. This book was everything that I had anticipated. My only complaint was that it ended with no epilogue. I need to find out if Lilly and Damien are featured in any other books because I'm not ready to say goodbye just yet. I will definitely be reading more from this series. 

"Lilly, you’re the first thing I think about when I open my eyes in the morning 
and the last thing on my mind when I go to sleep.”

"Burning Moon" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment