Tuesday 19 June 2018

Review: Jo Watson's "After the Rain (Destination Love #4)."

Amazon.com: Not currently available.

Synopsis: 

Some opposites attract; some rip each other's clothes off.

Stormy-Rain and Marcus could not be more different: she's a free-spirited, rainbow-haired hippie; he wears a suit and over-shines his already too-shiny shoes. She believes in auras; he's governed by logic and doesn't believe in Fate. But Fate believes in them...

So what happens when their worlds collide - and they are forced to embark on an epic road trip to catch a plane to a wedding on the other side of the world?

The clock is ticking...and they're seriously ticking each other off. But Stormy and Marcus are about to discover just how thin the line between love and hate really is.

Review: Jo 

I adored every single thing about this book. "After The Rain" was an opposites attract kinda romance that melted my heart and left me with a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. Jo Watson has once again delivered another novel that I fell head-over-heels in love with. 

"I adore you"
"You do?"
"I'd be mad not to."

There were so many things that I enjoyed about this novel. I absolutely loved Stormy-Rain. She was such a fun character. I loved how she was always putting the wrong words into familiar phrases, making me giggle. Stormy-Rain had a huge amount of love and kindness for everyone that she met. This girl and an enormous heart. She truly made a wonderful heroine to root for. As for Marcus, I loved the development of his character. How he changed from someone who appeared to be the last person I would have put with someone like Stormy-Rain, to a man that embraced all of her quirky ways and fell crazy in love with her.

"Up until this moment he'd been living in monotones, 
and now everything was full color, Bright, explosive, dazzling color 
and he didn't know if he would ever be able to go back to beige again." 

The progression of this couple's relationship was something that gave me so much joy. They had so many hilarious adventures together as they attempted to get to Prague for a wedding. It reminded me a little of the movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", only with a lot of steamy sex thrown in. I especially liked the scene in the lift. That was smokin' hot! Another thing that made the story so brilliant for me was the most perfect epilogue that I swooned my way through. It contained everything I wanted to read from the final chapter. I also enjoyed catching up with Lucy and Damien from "Burning Moon" again. But, if you haven't read any of the books from this series, it really doesn't matter because it can also be read as a standalone. 

"This perky, cake-covered, rainbow-haired woman standing before him-
she was his perky, cake-covered, rainbow-haired. 
And God, he loved her." 

As you can see, this book just made my month. If you one-click this one, you are in for a delicious heartwarming treat. After the Rain gets my first (and possibly only) ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ of the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment