Tuesday 13 March 2018

Review: Tiffany Reisz's "Original Sinners: The Red Years."


Synopsis:

The Siren

Notorious erotica author Nora Sutherlin thought she knew everything about being pushed to your limits. But in the world of BDSM, where passion is pain, nothing is ever that simple.

The Angel

Dominatrix Nora Sutherlin is doing something utterly out of character: hiding. It’s a summer that will prove the old adage: love hurts. And no safe word can protect the heart.

The Prince

Two worlds of wealth and passion call to Nora Sutherlin and, whichever one she chooses, it will be the hardest decision she will ever have to make. Unless someone makes it for her…

The Mistress

There’s punishment—and then there’s vengeance… Nora Sutherlin is in handcuffs, held captive by two men. Under different circumstances, she would enjoy the situation immensely, but her captors aren’t interested in play. Or pity.

Review: Surj 

Right, are you ready for the ramblings of a mad woman because that's probably what this review is going to sound like but here goes!!! 

Holy hell fire guys!!!!! This series!!!!! OMG!!!! I have just inhaled the first four books in Tiffany Riesz's "Original Sinners" series and I have been blown away!!!! These books came out some time ago but even now, years later, I have to say, I don't think I have ever read anything quite like this... and I mean EVER!!! I doubt anyone would have the balls to do it to be honest but this author did and for that I will be eternally grateful. 


“Hurt is a bruise on the outside.” “Harm is a bruise on the inside.”


Every line, every paragraph, every page kept me on my toes and never, not for one second did I get bored or decide to skim. Never, not for one minute did I think I'd heard this story before and never, not once did I consider putting this series down because of the lines that were crossed. Oh yes, Tiffany Reisz didn't just blur those lines, she didn't just teeter on the edge. Nope she took the biggest leap of faith and crossed those lines between right and wrong and took us all along for the joy ride!!!! I'm sure I'm going to hell for the thoughts that crossed my mind whilst reading the Original Sinners but I'm sure I won't be alone down there. I know that virtually every person that has read this series will be down there too along with Soren, Kingsley, Nora and the rest of the gang and my, what a party it will be. 

Broken love is the most dangerous love. 
It will slice you open with every touch. 

Tiffany Reisz's writing is unique. In this series, she wrote third person so eloquently and with such fluidity that I felt like I was reading first person. She wrote past and present so exquisitely, the scenes flowed seamlessly with the story she was telling. I don't know how this author did it, but there were so many stories told, so many plots and sub plots to explore but instead of feeling overwhelmed with so much information, I relished and savoured everything that was handed to me. I craved more from the stories. I needed more!

Søren couldn’t live in a world without Nora. Kingsley couldn’t live in 
a world without Søren. Her death would be like the sinking of a great ship. 
She would take them all down with her.

To say Tiffany Reisz gave us characters who were unconventional would be the understatement of the century. They were different alright but they were who they were and made no apologies for it.  I loved Nora, Kinglsey and Soren so utterly and completely. These were individuals who were tragically flawed. Each of them had their crosses to bear. One thing was clear though, these characters had an inherent need for love, whether that was for a love that was lost, forbidden, unhealthy or for a love that had been sacrificed. 

“I know. I know... I can’t save someone who doesn’t want to be saved.”

“No. You can’t save someone who doesn’t need to be saved.”

Tiffany Reisz ensured that her characters told their stories with such vigour and candour and even if you might not agree with them or the decisions they made or the lifestyle they lead, you had to take your hat off to them for doing things their way!!!! I relished in the bold and brash stories they told, savouring the emotions they elicited from me. These characters challenged me in so many ways. My heart and mind were on a constant battlefield. Right from the get go though, Nora, Kingsley, Soren and the rest of the crazy gang easily wormed their way into my affections and I can hand on heart  say they are up there with my all time favourite characters from the book world EVER!!!! 

“You told me once you loved it down south.” 
“I was talking about anal sex.” 
“Of course you were.”

"The Original Sinners: The Red Years" series was not your run of the mill love story that's for sure but this was a story about love, loss and sacrifice. Some parts made for difficult reading and I did find myself wincing, my stomach churning because of what I had read. But the more I read, the more I wondered whether whether this was because of my lack of understanding or accepting of a lifestyle? Maybe I needed to get to know these characters more before I cast judgement. An open mind is definitely needed peeps!


"You're standing on the edge of a rabbit hole. Are you sure you want to fall down it?"
"I'll trade you my hole for your hole."

"The siren" was a unique story that pulled me in right from the start. What unfolded was so unexpected which is what I loved. It was dark, disturbing, unpredictable, unconventional, sinful and so freakin' scandalous!!! And at times it was damn right hilarious too!!! 

Hands down easy peasy lemon squeezy, THE UNHOLY TRINITY get ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ . But that ending in "The Mistress!!!!!" Tiffany Reisz killed me!!!! Absolutely drove a dagger through my heart. I think my heart actually stopped beating for a time. I was not expecting that at all. it was soooo different but then I had to give myself a virtual slap and remind myself, nothing about any of this series was normal or run of the mill and this was not my story!!!! It was theirs so I just had to deal with it. Lol.  ENJOY 

No comments:

Post a Comment