Wednesday 7 March 2018

Review: Samantha Towle's "Ruin."


Synopsis: 

And the new heavyweight champion of the world is... 

Those are the words that Zeus Kincaid has been waiting to hear since he first put on a pair of boxing gloves. He just didn’t think they would come with a tragedy that would change how he viewed the sport forever. 

Cameron Reed was in her second year at Juilliard when her childhood sweetheart, Zeus Kincaid, walked away from her. A few months later, Cam realized that she would never fulfill her dream of dancing for the New York City Ballet. 

Now working as a dancer in an upscale club in Manhattan, Cam is brought face-to-face with the man she once loved. And it’s her turn to walk away from him. 

After five years of missing Cam, Zeus isn’t prepared to let her go again. But when he finds himself standing on her doorstep the next morning, things don’t go quite as he expected… 

Review: Jo 

I'd been excited about reading "Ruin" ever since I first heard about it. I've always had a soft spot for a sports romance so I had high hopes for this one, especially as it was about a boxer. Love stories that involve a hot fighter have always been a favourite of mine and I'm so happy to say that this novel met all of my expectations. This book contained everything that I had hoped it would.

"...I want him. I'm not fighting it anymore tonight. Tomorrow, 
I'll go back to fighting. But, tonight, I'm putting down my gloves." 

Zeus and Cameron's romance was a story of second chance love. It was filled with angst, passion and a whole lot of push and pull with enough heat to keep me warm on a bitterly cold day. Zeus was the perfect hero. I loved everything about him, he was strong, sexy and just so in love with his childhood sweetheart, Cameron. As soon as I met the pair, I was itching to know their back story. I knew that their tale of first love was going to be a good one and I wasn't disappointed. 

"I know you love me, Cam. I know I'm not alone in this. 
We're the real fucking deal. Our love is what most people
 spend a lifetime searching for and never find. Don't throw us away, please."

With great writing, easy to love characters and a gorgeous love story, this was my favourite read from Samantha Towle in a while. If you love a good sports romance this one is well worth one-clicking. 

"This man....he ruins me. Every word. Every look. Every touch. 
But there's no one I'd rather be ruined by than him."

"Ruin" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.

Review: Surj 

If you're looking for a fast paced second chance romance, then look no further because Samantha Towle's "Ruin" is one that you'll be able to devour in one sitting. Zeus and Cameron's story was one that I was able to easily get lost in and despite the plot not being particularly original, this author did  put her own spin on things, giving us angst and humour in abundance plus characters that I easily fell in love. The twist pretty early in the book really did help to set the tone for what was to come and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the aftermath of that unravel. 


This man is my weakness. My downfall. My ruin. He always has been. 
And it seems he always will be. 


Zeus Kincaid was a god both in and out of the boxing ring. Seriously ladies, he was so easy to fall for. I loved his persistence. He was a man who knew he had done wrong and would do everything in his power to right that. Honestly, his perseverance was swoon worthy stuff. Now Cameron was a woman who had not had it easy that's for sure and Zeus was the reason for that. There was so much anger there and she was just not ready to forgive quite so easily. Be prepared for a lot of push and pull between this couple. Their journey back to one another is definitely not an easy one and at times, I really wanted to shake Cam and tell her to give my Zeus a break!!!! Lol. 


"I know you love me, Cam. I know I'm not alone in this. 
We're the real fucking deal. Our love is what most people
spend a lifetime searching for and never find. Don't throw us away, please."


"Ruin" was a story about shattered hopes and broken dreams. It was a story about sacrifice and second chances. Like I said, a quick, easy second chance sports romance that you'll easily devour in an afternoon. So go grab that glass of wine, kick those shoes off and relax into "Ruin."

This one gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment